I’ve been waiting fro my Radeon X800 XT PE since the end of July. Komplett.co.uk who I’ve brought my card from, say that they expect a delivery on the 27th of September to which they added ‘unconfirmed’. Since there the cheapest around I’m guessing they have a massive back log of orders to get through, so even if they do get a supply of cards on that day its no grantee that I will get mine.
I’m thinking, by the time I get this the card will be over three months old, and both ATI and Nvidia release a set of cards every six months or so.
Is it worth my cancelling my order and wait until the new batch of cards from ATI and Nvidia come out?
I'd say yes mon ami. Why waste time waiting, for what could be a card from the early batches too, ya know, those that are more buggy and hotter?
I'm wondering though, if 6 months will have passed since the spring's big launches, shouldn't there be new high end cards?
I got the impression that the 6-month cycles applied to high end cards too.
<A HREF="http://www.lochel.com/THGC/album.php" target="_new"><font color=red><b>The THGC Photo Album revision Eden, faster updated than ever before!</A></b></font color=red><P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1><EM>Edited by Eden on 09/19/04 09:50 AM.</EM></FONT></P>
I had to wait over 6 weeks for mine from CDW.
They even told me that the card was cancelled by ATI.
Suggested an X800 Pro for substitute, I said no way.
But told them if they get the right one, send it.
A week and a half later, my X800 XTPE showed up at my door!!!
It is worth the wait. I paid us$469.
Do not be afraid of failure, for this is how we learn and grow...
Live life to the fullest...
Do not regret what you have not yet done!!!
Screw em. I've just cancelled my whole order with Komplett which was worth over £500 (I had Corsair TwinX PC4000 1024MB of ram + the X800 XT PE on order). Thanks for advice Eden.
I didn't really have an option anyway; my currant card (GeForce FX5600) has all but given up the ghost on 3d games, so I really need a replacement card. I knew I needed to get it replaced when I originally put the order in over 2 months ago, but since then things have gotten worse.
Instead I’ve brought my Memory from Crucial (Ballistix PC4000 1024MB, which has better timings then the Corsair modules plus I get free delivery) and I’m going to buy a Radeon 9600 pro on E-bay. The 9600 is just a stop gap solution until ATI gets its finger out and ships a load over to the UK. But if I like the 9600 enough I might wait until Christmas when Ati and Nvidia launch there new range.
I wonder how many X800 XT PE Ati can produce a day?
I had decided to never cancel my Gateway order because it was a BBA X800XTpe for under $400 shipped. I figured I could turn around a make a few bills on ebay if it came. But Gateway cancelled it for me stating it was a discontinued item also. If it was $500 I would have cancelled it for sure. I guess what i'm saying is, if you got a tremendouly cheap price keep it. If you can find it elsewhere for alsmost the same, cancel.
ABIT IS7, P4 2.6C, 1GB Corsair XMS 4000 Pro Series, Radeon 9800 Pro, Santa Cruz, TruePower 430watt