Dump file help

I have a few dump files in c:\Windows\Internet Logs. Some are dmp, and others are zip files. Is it safe to delete them?

--
WalterB
7 answers Last reply

    Walter,

    Zone Alarm uses that folder. And I think the Zone Alarm configuration /
    rules are stored in the *.DB files. The .TXT files in that folder are safe
    to delete.

    --
    Ramesh, Microsoft MVP
    Windows XP Shell/User

    "Walter" <fake@antispam.add> wrote in message
    I have a few dump files in c:\Windows\Internet Logs. Some are dmp, and
    others are zip files. Is it safe to delete them?

    --
    WalterB

    Ramesh,

    Thank you, but you haven't answered the question. I was asking about
    *.dmp and *.zip files in the Internet Logs folder.

    In %23SDRsodWFHA.2692@TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gbl,
    Ramesh, MS-MVP <ramesh@online.mvps.org> typed:
    > Walter,
    >
    > Zone Alarm uses that folder. And I think the Zone Alarm configuration
    > / rules are stored in the *.DB files. The .TXT files in that folder
    > are safe to delete.
    >
    > --
    > Ramesh, Microsoft MVP
    > Windows XP Shell/User
    > http://windowsxp.mvps.org
    >

    > "Walter" <fake@antispam.add> wrote in message
    > I have a few dump files in c:\Windows\Internet Logs. Some are dmp,
    > and others are zip files. Is it safe to delete them?

    Walter

    Walter,

    I've been using Zone Alarm for years, and never experienced this (no crash
    ..dmp files created here). Thought this discussion will answer your question
    exactly:

    Tired of .dmp logs being created - General - Zone Labs User Forum:
    http://forum.zonelabs.org/zonelabs/board/message?board.id=gen&message.id=23899#M23899

    --

    > Ramesh,
    >
    > Thank you, but you haven't answered the question. I was asking about
    > *.dmp and *.zip files in the Internet Logs folder.
    >
    > In %23SDRsodWFHA.2692@TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gbl,
    > Ramesh, MS-MVP <ramesh@online.mvps.org> typed:
    >> Walter,
    >>
    >> Zone Alarm uses that folder. And I think the Zone Alarm configuration
    >> / rules are stored in the *.DB files. The .TXT files in that folder
    >> are safe to delete.
    >>
    >> --
    >> Ramesh, Microsoft MVP
    >> Windows XP Shell/User
    >> http://windowsxp.mvps.org
    >>

    >> "Walter" <fake@antispam.add> wrote in message
    >> I have a few dump files in c:\Windows\Internet Logs. Some are dmp,
    >> and others are zip files. Is it safe to delete them?

    > Walter

    Thanks again, Ramish.

    I understand that some dmp and zip files arecreated by Zone Alarm. I uninstalled ZA some time ago. Those files have been deleted.

    Specifically, I am asking about some *.dmp.zip files created last year by GLB113 (whatever that is) and MSMGS2d.

    Again, the question: Is it safe to delete these double extension dmp.zip files???

    Ramesh, MS-MVP wrote:
    > Walter,
    >
    > I've been using Zone Alarm for years, and never experienced this (no
    > crash .dmp files created here). Thought this discussion will answer
    > your question exactly:
    >
    > Tired of .dmp logs being created - General - Zone Labs User Forum:
    > http://forum.zonelabs.org/zonelabs/board/message?board.id=gen&message.id=23899#M23899
    >

    > "Walter" <fake@antispam.add> wrote in message
    >> Ramesh,
    >>
    >> Thank you, but you haven't answered the question. I was asking about
    >> *.dmp and *.zip files in the Internet Logs folder.
    >>
    >> In %23SDRsodWFHA.2692@TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gbl,
    >> Ramesh, MS-MVP <ramesh@online.mvps.org> typed:
    >>> Walter,
    >>>
    >>> Zone Alarm uses that folder. And I think the Zone Alarm
    >>> configuration / rules are stored in the *.DB files. The .TXT files
    >>> in that folder are safe to delete.
    >>>
    >>> --
    >>> Ramesh, Microsoft MVP
    >>> Windows XP Shell/User
    >>> http://windowsxp.mvps.org
    >>>

    >>> "Walter" <fake@antispam.add> wrote in message
    >>> I have a few dump files in c:\Windows\Internet Logs. Some are dmp,
    >>> and others are zip files. Is it safe to delete them?

    >> Walter

    WalterB

    Walter

    Dump files usually contain the crash information (if one wants to
    troubleshoot the problem in depth). I'd simply delete the (*.dmp; *.txt;
    *.tmp) files from the "Internet Logs" folder. If you require additional
    information in this regard, you may participate in this Zone Labs forum:
    http://forum.zonelabs.org

    --

    Ramesh, MS-MVP wrote:
    > Walter,
    >
    > I've been using Zone Alarm for years, and never experienced this (no
    > crash .dmp files created here). Thought this discussion will answer
    > your question exactly:
    >
    > Tired of .dmp logs being created - General - Zone Labs User Forum:
    > http://forum.zonelabs.org/zonelabs/board/message?board.id=gen&message.id=23899#M23899
    >

    > "Walter" <fake@antispam.add> wrote in message
    >> Ramesh,
    >>
    >> Thank you, but you haven't answered the question. I was asking about
    >> *.dmp and *.zip files in the Internet Logs folder.
    >>
    >> In %23SDRsodWFHA.2692@TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gbl,
    >> Ramesh, MS-MVP <ramesh@online.mvps.org> typed:
    >>> Walter,
    >>>
    >>> Zone Alarm uses that folder. And I think the Zone Alarm
    >>> configuration / rules are stored in the *.DB files. The .TXT files
    >>> in that folder are safe to delete.
    >>>
    >>> --
    >>> Ramesh, Microsoft MVP
    >>> Windows XP Shell/User
    >>> http://windowsxp.mvps.org
    >>>

    >>> "Walter" <fake@antispam.add> wrote in message
    >>> I have a few dump files in c:\Windows\Internet Logs. Some are dmp,
    >>> and others are zip files. Is it safe to delete them?

    >> Walter

    WalterB

    Ramesh,

    As I said, there is no Zone Alarm problem; there are no Zone Alarm files.

    I am asking specifically about the files with double extensions -- *.dmp.zip This does not refer to 2 different file extensions, but to files that have "dmp.zip" as an extension.

    Are those files safe to delete?

    WalterB

    From the zonelabs discussion, the .zip contains the .dmp files list and in
    that's the case, I'd simply delete it.

    --

    Ramesh, MS-MVP wrote:
    > Walter
    >
    > Dump files usually contain the crash information (if one wants to
    > troubleshoot the problem in depth). I'd simply delete the (*.dmp;
    > *.txt; *.tmp) files from the "Internet Logs" folder. If you require
    > additional information in this regard, you may participate in this
    > Zone Labs forum: http://forum.zonelabs.org
    >
    > --
    > Ramesh, Microsoft MVP
    > Windows XP Shell/User
    > http://windowsxp.mvps.org
    >

    > "Walter" <fake@antispam.add> wrote in message
    > Thanks again, Ramish.
    >
    > I understand that some dmp and zip files arecreated by Zone Alarm. I
    > uninstalled ZA some time ago. Those files have been deleted.
    >
    > Specifically, I am asking about some *.dmp.zip files created last
    > year by GLB113 (whatever that is) and MSMGS2d.
    >
    > Again, the question: Is it safe to delete these double extension
    > dmp.zip files???
    >
    > Ramesh, MS-MVP wrote:
    >> Walter,
    >>
    >> I've been using Zone Alarm for years, and never experienced this (no
    >> crash .dmp files created here). Thought this discussion will answer
    >> your question exactly:
    >>
    >> Tired of .dmp logs being created - General - Zone Labs User Forum:
    >> http://forum.zonelabs.org/zonelabs/board/message?board.id=gen&message.id=23899#M23899
    >>

    >> "Walter" <fake@antispam.add> wrote in message
    >>> Ramesh,
    >>>
    >>> Thank you, but you haven't answered the question. I was asking
    >>> about *.dmp and *.zip files in the Internet Logs folder.
    >>>
    >>> In %23SDRsodWFHA.2692@TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gbl,
    >>> Ramesh, MS-MVP <ramesh@online.mvps.org> typed:

    >>> Walter

    WalterB