Windows Setup Error

May 15, 2005 8:18:02 PM

Hey, i've been having problems with installing windows the past week. I
finally got it running after screwing around with BIOS settings, but when it
finally installed it was freezing and such, so i decided to screw with soem
more BIOS settings to get it tweeked. Well, i did the optimized defaults and
windows wouldn't even start! it would restart when it got to the windows
now i cant even install windows! I have been screwing with BIOS settings for
the past two days. Right when it loads the files for setup an error comes up,
it says this:

PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA

Technical Information:

***STOP: 0X00000050 (0XF898B000, 0X00000001, 0X807D07A1, 0X00000000)

I have researched and found tons of things on this, just not the exact
problem im having (Numebrs different). And im switched ram, video cards, etc.)

When i turn off Video Bios Shadowing (Told me to turn off shadowing, cache,
etc.) I get this also:

BAD_POOL_CALLER

Techinal Information:

***STOP: 0X000000c2 (0X00000007, 0X00000CD4, 0X36393166, 0XE107F460)

I really wanna get this thing running!

Thanks,
Eric

More about : windows setup error

Anonymous
May 15, 2005 11:14:17 PM

Revert your BIOS settings back to standard defaults. Don't overclock your RAM or anything.

Set pc BIOS to boot from CDROM first. Boot from XP CD.
Do a clean install (new) choice, and choose "advanced" options-button. This will allow a re-format of system drive.

See Paul Thurrott's website on guide for XP clean install
http://www.winsupersite.com/showcase/windowsxp_sg_clean...

Guide to upgrading (or new install) Win XP at Aumha.org
http://aumha.org/win5/a/xpupgrad.htm

--
Maurice N
MVP Windows - Shell / User

"XxMeltIcexX" wrote
> Hey, i've been having problems with installing windows the past week. I
> finally got it running after screwing around with BIOS settings, but when it
> finally installed it was freezing and such, so i decided to screw with soem
> more BIOS settings to get it tweeked. Well, i did the optimized defaults and
> windows wouldn't even start! it would restart when it got to the windows
> now i cant even install windows! I have been screwing with BIOS settings for
> the past two days. Right when it loads the files for setup an error comes up,
> it says this:
>
> PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA
>
> Technical Information:
>
> ***STOP: 0X00000050 (0XF898B000, 0X00000001, 0X807D07A1, 0X00000000)
>
> I have researched and found tons of things on this, just not the exact
> problem im having (Numebrs different). And im switched ram, video cards, etc.)
>
> When i turn off Video Bios Shadowing (Told me to turn off shadowing, cache,
> etc.) I get this also:
>
> BAD_POOL_CALLER
>
> Techinal Information:
>
> ***STOP: 0X000000c2 (0X00000007, 0X00000CD4, 0X36393166, 0XE107F460)
>
> I really wanna get this thing running!
>
> Thanks,
> Eric
Anonymous
May 16, 2005 11:50:05 AM

Hey, thanks for the fast rsponse.. But that doesn't work?? I cleared CMOS and
made all BIOS settings default a billion times! That same error comes up! I
wonder what it could be?

Thanks,
Eric

"Maurice N ~ MVP" wrote:

> Revert your BIOS settings back to standard defaults. Don't overclock your RAM or anything.
>
> Set pc BIOS to boot from CDROM first. Boot from XP CD.
> Do a clean install (new) choice, and choose "advanced" options-button. This will allow a re-format of system drive.
>
> See Paul Thurrott's website on guide for XP clean install
> http://www.winsupersite.com/showcase/windowsxp_sg_clean...
>
> Guide to upgrading (or new install) Win XP at Aumha.org
> http://aumha.org/win5/a/xpupgrad.htm
>
> --
> Maurice N
> MVP Windows - Shell / User
> -----
>
> "XxMeltIcexX" wrote
> > Hey, i've been having problems with installing windows the past week. I
> > finally got it running after screwing around with BIOS settings, but when it
> > finally installed it was freezing and such, so i decided to screw with soem
> > more BIOS settings to get it tweeked. Well, i did the optimized defaults and
> > windows wouldn't even start! it would restart when it got to the windows
> > now i cant even install windows! I have been screwing with BIOS settings for
> > the past two days. Right when it loads the files for setup an error comes up,
> > it says this:
> >
> > PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA
> >
> > Technical Information:
> >
> > ***STOP: 0X00000050 (0XF898B000, 0X00000001, 0X807D07A1, 0X00000000)
> >
> > I have researched and found tons of things on this, just not the exact
> > problem im having (Numebrs different). And im switched ram, video cards, etc.)
> >
> > When i turn off Video Bios Shadowing (Told me to turn off shadowing, cache,
> > etc.) I get this also:
> >
> > BAD_POOL_CALLER
> >
> > Techinal Information:
> >
> > ***STOP: 0X000000c2 (0X00000007, 0X00000CD4, 0X36393166, 0XE107F460)
> >
> > I really wanna get this thing running!
> >
> > Thanks,
> > Eric

Anonymous
May 16, 2005 2:03:13 PM

Carefully and slowly, look at BIOS settings. Look to see if it shows an
option to "Load Fail Safe settings".
If so, try that.

Hardware wise, do you have a USB keyboard, SCSI drives, anything beyond the
ordinary ?
If have USB keyboard, use a PS2-type during XP setup.

--
Maurice N
MVP Windows - Shell / User

---