regedit

I like to run regedit but it say administrator has denied accsess. I am the
administrator, what gives.Thanks
2 answers Last reply
More about regedit

    "Hank" <Hank@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    >I like to run regedit but it say administrator has denied accsess. I am
    >the
    > administrator, what gives.Thanks

    Type the following between the quotes ("") and without the quotes in the
    Run dialog box (Winkey + R)

    "REG ADD HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\System
    /v DisableRegistryTools /t REG_DWORD /d 0 /f"

    --
    William

    Registry Editing has been disabled by your administrator
    http://windowsxp.mvps.org/tweakuirest.htm

    This is usually caused by malware / viruses. Try Trend Micro's Sysclean
    package (free), it's capable of eliminating keyloggers, trojans etc. Full
    instructions at:

    Generic Trojan / Adware Infestation Removal Procedure:

    Trend Micro Sysclean package
    http://aumha.net/viewtopic.php?t=10820

    --
    Ramesh, Microsoft MVP
    Windows XP Shell/User

    "Hank" <Hank@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    >I like to run regedit but it say administrator has denied accsess. I am the
    > administrator, what gives.Thanks

Support Regedit Microsoft Windows XP