After Reboot Get an error message "Seriours Error" Help Pl..

Details
Product: Windows Operating System
ID: 1003
Source: System Error
Version: 5.2
Symbolic Name: ER_KRNLCRASH_LOG
Message: Error code %1, parameter1 %2, parameter2 %3, parameter3 %4,
parameter4 %5.

Any Help Would be Greatly Appreciated

I'm having exactly the same problem any ideas?

"Bow" wrote:

> Details
> Product: Windows Operating System
> ID: 1003
> Source: System Error
> Version: 5.2
> Symbolic Name: ER_KRNLCRASH_LOG
> Message: Error code %1, parameter1 %2, parameter2 %3, parameter3 %4,
> parameter4 %5.
>
> Any Help Would be Greatly Appreciated

I am having the problem also and need help,I see no one has posted a possible
solution....hopefully someone will.

"pghawk" wrote:

> I'm having exactly the same problem any ideas?
>
> "Bow" wrote:
>
> > Details
> > Product: Windows Operating System
> > ID: 1003
> > Source: System Error
> > Version: 5.2
> > Symbolic Name: ER_KRNLCRASH_LOG
> > Message: Error code %1, parameter1 %2, parameter2 %3, parameter3 %4,
> > parameter4 %5.
> >
> > Any Help Would be Greatly Appreciated

jeff

we have the same problem on a gateway system here at work I am going to try a
bios update first. I did find the following info from eventid.net for this it
might help you guys gals.

Event ID: 1003
Source System
Type Error
parameter3 <value>, parameter4 <value>.
Things to understand What is the Nonpaged memory pool?
What is an IRQL?
What are the Windows error codes?
What is the kernel?
Comments Adrian Grigorof (Last update 10/6/2003):
Most of the problems leading to this event indicate faulty hardware, bugs in
device drivers or incompatible hardware.

A troubleshooting approach from a newsgroup post: "Boot from CD to start the
Recovery Console, then read setuplog.txt, and setupapi.log, to see what
happens when it boots.

Another newsgroup posts suggests that this error requires the debugger to
look at the parameters of the error. Usually this is some hardware driver
failure. Running 'verifier' may identify it. Article Q244617 - How to Use
Driver Verifier to Troubleshoot Device Drivers in Windows 2000 may help."

Error code 0000000a = "IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL" - The error that generates
this bug check usually occurs after the installation of a faulty device
driver, system service, or BIOS. For additional details see the link to error
code 0x0000000a.

Error code 00000020 = "KERNEL_APC_PENDING_DURING_EXIT" - May indicate a bug
in a device driver. For additional details see the link to error code
0x00000020.

Error code 00000050 = "PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA" - See the link to error
code 00000050 for information about what may cause this.

Error code 0000009c = "MACHINE_CHECK_EXCEPTION" - This indicates that a
fatal machine check exception has occurred. See also Q162363 and error code
0x0000009c.

Error code 000000ce =
"DRIVER_UNLOADED_WITHOUT_CANCELLING_PENDING_OPERATIONS" - This indicates that
a driver failed to cancel pending operations before unloading. If the driver
responsible for the error can be identified, its name is printed on the blue
screen.

Error code 000000ea = "THREAD_STUCK_IN_DEVICE_DRIVER" - A device driver is
spinning in an infinite loop, most likely waiting for hardware to become
idle. This usually indicates problem with the hardware itself, or with the
device driver programming the hardware incorrectly. In many cases this is the
result of a bad video card or a bad display driver.

Error code 1000007f = "UNEXPECTED_KERNEL_MODE_TRAP_M" - The first parameter
displayed on the blue screen specifies the trap number. Trap number
0x00000000, or Divide by Zero Error, may indicate memory corruption. Other
hardware problems, or software failures can cause this error. See the the
link to Bug Check codes for more explanations about various trap numbers.

Error code 1000008e = "KERNEL_MODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED_M" - Most of
newsgroup comments about this error point to faulty hardware or drivers. The
hardware varies from modems, video cards, USB device to memory or sound
cards. Sometimes it proves to be hardware that it is not compatible with
Windows XP. Q310740 gives an example of this error occuring when and old
Audigy sound card driver is installed.

Error code 100000be = "ATTEMPTED_WRITE_TO_READONLY_MEMORY" - This is issued
if a driver attempts to write to a read-only memory segment. If the driver
responsible for the error can be identified, its name is printed on the blue
screen. A faulty device driver would typically be the cause of that. Also,
potential file corruption.

Error code 100000ea = "THREAD_STUCK_IN_DEVICE_DRIVER_M" - This indicates
that a thread in a device driver is endlessly spinning. See the information
for 000000ea.

Error code 0000007F = "UNEXPECTED_KERNEL_MODE_TRAP" - From a newsgroup post:
"According to Q104292, there are two known causes for this error:
- corrupt system files, especially file system files
- mismatched memory or motherboard problem
This error generally occurs during boot, with no parameters specified except
the first one. Suggested troubleshooting is to run repair to check for
corrupt files, then low-level hardware diagnostics (including diagnosing RAM
and the motherboard)." See also the link to error code 0x0000007F.

Error code 0x10000050 = Some information about this type of error can be
found via the error code 0x10000050 link.

Ionut Marin (Last update 7/10/2005):
- Error code: 0x00000050 = "PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA" - See Q817197,
Q894278, Q897079, and Q903251.
- Error code: 0x0000001E - See Q820767, Q822563, and Q898114.
- Error code: 0x000000A5 - See Q831691.
- Error code: 0x000000d1 = "DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL" - See Q837432 and
the link to Error code 0x000000D1.
- Error code: 0x000000c5 = DRIVER_CORRUPTED_EXPOOL - See the link to "Error
code 0x000000c5" for details on this error code.
- Error code: 0x000000D5 - See Q870895 and Q870896.
- Error code: 0x0000007f - See Q870908 and 891722.
- Error code: 0x0000000A - See Q897079.
- Error code: 0x00000076 - See Q895473.

See the link to "Windows XP Stop Errors" and "Stop Messages" for information
regarding error codes.

Mickey (Last update 2/7/2005):
- Error code: 0x000000EA - If you have a video card with an Intel chipset,
update to the latest drivers to resolve this problem. See the link to "Intel
Support Solution ID: CS-016497" for additional information on this issue.

Tom (Last update 2/7/2005):
- Error code: 0x000000d1 - If you have installed Backup Exec 9.0 revision
4454 or Backup Exec 9.1 revision 4691, then see the link to "Veritas Support
Document ID: 261728" for information on resolving this problem.

Ronald (Last update 10/4/2004):
- Error code: 0xc0000005 = STATUS_ACCESS_VIOLATION - My computer started to
reboot randomly after I installed Windows XP SP2. After searching the Web, I
found this to be related to a new addition in Windows XP brought by SP2,
namely Data execution prevention (DEP). If you have hardware or software that
does not work properly after the installation of SP2 then deactivate DEP. You
do that in the “boot.ini� file with the “/noexecute=AlwaysOff� switch. After
I modified the “boot.ini� file accordingly, this problem ceased to reappear.
See the link to “Memory Protection Technologies in WinXP SP2� for more
details on this issue.

Charlton Wang (Last update 8/9/2004):
From the net, someone mentioned setting the Virtual memory to 0, reboot and
delete the pagefile.sys file. Then set the virtual memory back to normal. It
worked for me. See Q255205 for information on how to delete the pagefile.sys
file in Recovery Console.

LHI (Last update 7/21/2004):
If you are running on the following hardware: "HP ProLiant DL380 G3", then
HP suggests that it can be solved by a BIOS update. See "HP ProLiant DL380 G3
BIOS Update" to get the update.

Nougat (Last update 7/13/2004):
- Error code: 0xD1 - See Q829120 for a hotfix applicable to Microsoft
Windows 2000 and to Microsoft Windows XP.

Wendi Fisher (Last update 5/16/2004):
On my Alienware Area 51 M laptop computer, this error was generated due to a
conflict between the Linksys Wireless -G notebook adapter and the native
Windows XP wireless manager. If you get this error and you have one of these
cards you need to call Linksys tech support and they will walk you through
installing the drivers for the card without installing the control utility,
which is what conflicts with Windows XP.

Anonymous (Last update 5/14/2004):
See Q322205 for info on how to troubleshoot Hardware and Software Driver
problems in Windows XP.

Anonymous (Last update 11/10/2003):
In my case, the error occurred after installing Kingston HyperX KHX3200/512
in a P4C800 and activated performance mode in BIOS. After I disabled
Performance Mode, the problem disappeared.

Christian Garbass (Last update 10/17/2003):
Error code 0000007f = "UNEXPECTED_KERNEL_MODE_TRAP" - When I remote
controlled a machine with Altiris Carbon Copy 5.8.410 and tried to open a
shortcut on the desktop of the controlled machine it caused the machine to
hang up and to reboot.

Isd503 (Last update 9/22/2003):
Error code 0000007f = "UNEXPECTED_KERNEL_MODE_TRAP" - This error surfaced on
my machine running Windows XP Professional, SP-1. I tried the suggestion of
setting the virtual memory to zero and rebooting. After logon, I recreated
the page file and the problem dissapeared.

Adrian Florin Moisei (Last update 5/15/2003):
Error code 000000d1 = "DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL". A faulty device
driver would typically be the cause of that. See also the comments for event
id 1001 from "Save Dump".

Error code 000000c2 = "BAD_POOL_CALLER" - See Q265879 link below.
Error code 00000044 = "MULTIPLE_IRP_COMPLETE_REQUESTS" - See Q196022,
Q296734 and Q294876.

Birol | AKBAY
In my case, this error for a motherboard using Bus Mastering and a NIC that
does not support Bus Mastering. When Bus mastering is disabled from BIOS,
this type of error went away.

Axton
Turned out to be BlackIce v2.9 causing blue screen.

PaulD
Windows XP SP1 resolve this issue. See Q317277.

Anonymous
With error code 100000ea, this occured in my case due to a faulty video
card.

GOOD LUCK!

"Bow" wrote:

> Details
> Product: Windows Operating System
> ID: 1003
> Source: System Error
> Version: 5.2
> Symbolic Name: ER_KRNLCRASH_LOG
> Message: Error code %1, parameter1 %2, parameter2 %3, parameter3 %4,
> parameter4 %5.
>
> Any Help Would be Greatly Appreciated

Neil

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

I have been experiencing the same error condition for the past few weeks. I
have not added any hardware to my HP Pavilion a450n system or software. The
system had be stable as a rock and then it began rebooting on its own. The
OCA either reports a failure in a device driver or video card. All my device
drivers are up to date and Windows certified. I was just browsing with IE
and simply clicked a link then the system rebooted. This is my information
from Event Viewer:

System Error
Category: 102
Event ID: 1003
Error Code: 1000008e
Parm 1: c0000005
Parm 2: 8057cd34
Parm 3: ec0e7a14
Parm 4: 00000000

I found a few articles that suggested a virus or other malicious entity
might be causing this, but I can't locate any of the files that would support
this. I am now running a complete system scan in safe mode.

Does anyone have an idea of what's going on here?

Thank you,
Neil