BSoD on new setup

I recently bought a new computer, and it was running pretty well - i just got a ssd intel x25-m and wd raptor (ssd for boot and raptor for client files)

I have already had to do 2 fresh installs, both times result in similar symptoms -

Each new install has solidly worked for about 5-6hrs, then it will randomly BSoD with common errors being: page fault in nonpaged area, bad pool header, memory management

The BSoDs begin to get worse/more frequent with the computer being able to stay on for max about 1 to 5 minutes, just enough time to back up some files before it crashes again.

I thought it may be some display drivers or something else I have installed, so booted to safe mode - still results in BSoD.

Completely stumped here. Any ideas?
3 answers Last reply
More about bsod setup
  1. Have you disconnected the WD Raptor drive and leave just the SSD drive in? Does the SSD support TRIM? Is TRIM enabled?

Have you run a memory test? Are you using the latest drivers for all of your hardware?

Jessica
    Microsoft Windows Client Team
  2. Download the FREE "CCLEANER" & perform the Registry Scan and allow it to fix all errors, this solves this problem with Windows 7 Clean Installs. :)

Computer Genius/Windows Wizard
  3. This looks like a memory issue as JessicaD suggested. It is not likely related to Windows 7 install since you have done 2 fresh installs already. Rule out your boot drive by loading a fresh Windows 7 on a donor drive (non SSD) and see how it runs. If all is well than it is not your memory and some kind of file access read/write problem on your bus causing issues. Memtest is a free download, just google and create a bootable CD and run it. I once had two brand new sets of Dominator memory go bad and random BSODS were they way it happened. Memtest found both failures out and Corsair replaced them.
Ask a new question

Read More

Drivers Blue Screen Computers Windows 7