RAMPART photo help!

I just picked up an almost mint condition Rampart. Serial #6. It came
from the Atari Milpitas HQ. Anyway, the game has a few anomalies that
I am trying to figure out. Where the speaker grille is, the wood is
made out of press board, NOT particle board, painted black.
Futhermore, the base of the machine (where the casters are) is also
made of press board.

If anyone out there has a Rampart machine, could you please send me a
closeup of the panel that houses the speaker? Thanks,

Cartoondog.

Hi,
Those are factory panels. I recently worked on a 3 player dedicated
which had an original cabinet in very nice condition that had a press
board speaker grill and a press board base/floor. I thought it was odd
too. Sorry no pics...

Troy

Cartoondog wrote:
> I just picked up an almost mint condition Rampart. Serial #6. It
came
> from the Atari Milpitas HQ. Anyway, the game has a few anomalies
that
> I am trying to figure out. Where the speaker grille is, the wood is
> made out of press board, NOT particle board, painted black.
> Futhermore, the base of the machine (where the casters are) is also
> made of press board.
>
> If anyone out there has a Rampart machine, could you please send me a
> closeup of the panel that houses the speaker? Thanks,
>
> Cartoondog.

mark

I have an NOS Rampart Manual if anyone is interested.LMK
"Cartoondog" <cartoondog@lpmachine.com> wrote in message
>I just picked up an almost mint condition Rampart. Serial #6. It came
> from the Atari Milpitas HQ. Anyway, the game has a few anomalies that
> I am trying to figure out. Where the speaker grille is, the wood is
> made out of press board, NOT particle board, painted black.
> Futhermore, the base of the machine (where the casters are) is also
> made of press board.
>
> If anyone out there has a Rampart machine, could you please send me a
> closeup of the panel that houses the speaker? Thanks,
>
> Cartoondog.

Im interested!