how to stop computer going to standby

I have gone to power options and said never go to standby but it still does
--
yooper
2 answers Last reply

    Hi,

    Disable Power Management in the system BIOS.

    --
    Best of Luck,

    http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
    www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone
    Windows help - www.rickrogers.org

    yooper5353 wrote:
    > *I have gone to power options and said never go to standby but it
    > still does
    > --
    > yooper *

    Disable Standby
    Open Note pad, Copy and paste the following, SaveAs Standby.reg, Click
    and add to Registry.

    Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

    [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\ACPI\Parameters]
    "AMLIMaxCTObjs"=hex:04,00,00,00
    "Attributes"=dword:00000070

    [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\ACPI\Parameters\WakeUp]
    "FixedEventMask"=hex:20,05
    "FixedEventStatus"=hex:00,84
    "GenericEventMask"=hex:18,50,00,10
    "GenericEventStatus"=hex:10,00,ff,00