  • Microsoft
  • Computers
  • Windows XP
May 16, 2005 12:12:02 AM

I have gone to power options and said never go to standby but it still does
--
yooper

More about : stop computer standby

Anonymous
May 16, 2005 1:54:35 PM

Hi,

Disable Power Management in the system BIOS.

--
Best of Luck,

http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone
Windows help - www.rickrogers.org

"yooper5353" <yooper5353@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I have gone to power options and said never go to standby but it still does
> --
> yooper
Anonymous
May 17, 2005 12:36:29 AM

yooper5353 wrote:
> *I have gone to power options and said never go to standby but it
> still does
> --
> yooper *

Disable Standby
Open Note pad, Copy and paste the following, SaveAs Standby.reg, Click
and add to Registry.

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\ACPI\Parameters]
"AMLIMaxCTObjs"=hex:04,00,00,00
"Attributes"=dword:00000070

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\ACPI\Parameters\WakeUp]
"FixedEventMask"=hex:20,05
"FixedEventStatus"=hex:00,84
"GenericEventMask"=hex:18,50,00,10
"GenericEventStatus"=hex:10,00,ff,00