Inactive Icons Not Hiding And the Little Arrow Is Gone

The icons next to the clock in Win XP Pro are suppose to Auto Hide. There's
suppose to be a little arrow that you click on to show the inactive icons
next to the clock but this arrow disappeared. There Is No Arrow. The little
double arrow in front of the icons is GONE! Where did it go? Someone stold
it. Everything in the Task Bar Start Menu Properties is properly checked. I
have the box checked that says HIDE INACTIVE ICONS. Everything in the
Customized dialog box says HIDE WHEN INACTIVE. It doesn't work.

It's like windows 2000. W2K did not have this option. XP does and it don't
work. It did but now it's gone. Anyone know why? I hate computers.

Visit http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com/xp_i.htm and scroll down to
"Icons - Notification Area - Chevron Missing".

[Courtesy of Kelly Theriot, MS-MVP]

--
Carey Frisch
Microsoft MVP

"irwinh" wrote:

| The icons next to the clock in Win XP Pro are suppose to Auto Hide. There's
| suppose to be a little arrow that you click on to show the inactive icons
| next to the clock but this arrow disappeared. There Is No Arrow. The little
| double arrow in front of the icons is GONE! Where did it go? Someone stold
| it. Everything in the Task Bar Start Menu Properties is properly checked. I
| have the box checked that says HIDE INACTIVE ICONS. Everything in the
| Customized dialog box says HIDE WHEN INACTIVE. It doesn't work.
|
| It's like windows 2000. W2K did not have this option. XP does and it don't
| work. It did but now it's gone. Anyone know why? I hate computers.

---
Virus Database (VPS): 0520-0, 05/16/2005
Tested on: 5/16/2005 8:21:19 AM