1. What is your budget?
$500-$700 (Wouldn't mind going a bit higher to get that free xbox deal)
2. What is the size of the notebook that you are considering?
Small and portable, ultrabook sized. 15" max
3. What screen resolution do you want?
Doesn't need to be 1080p, but not much less.
4. Do you need a portable or desktop replacement laptop?
Portable portable portable!
5. How much battery life do you need?
As much as possible!
6. Do you want to play games with your laptop? If so then please list the games that you want to with the settings that you want for these games. (Low,Medium or High)?
No, not really. The desktop at home is for gaming, and I'll be using this laptop for school/work on the go.
7. What other tasks do you want to do with your laptop? (Photo/Video editing, Etc.)
Programming using visual studio. I am a computer science major, so I'll be using this to program on the go and take to classes.
8. How much storage (Hard Drive capacity) do you need?
Again, not too much.
9. If you are considering specific sites to buy from, please post their links.
10. How long do you want to keep your laptop?
Through college (4 years)
11. What kind of Optical drive do you need? DVD ROM/Writer,Bluray ROM/Writer,Etc ?
Basic, but also not mandatory. I can manage without one if I gain portability/more storage space/an ssd
12. Please tell us about the brands that you prefer to buy from them and the brands that you don't like and explain the reasons.
NO brand preference as long as its a reliable brand.
Thanks guys! Any advice/suggestions are very welcome.