Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

Remote Registary Service

Last response: in Windows XP
Share
Anonymous
May 16, 2005 10:47:26 AM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.help_and_support (More info?)

I have an app that keeps asking me to start the remote registary
service to use PHD. It is WindowsUpTime so I can track the uptime of
all the pc's on my network. But I cannot find this service. How do I
start it? And is it safe or is there a port I can block in the firewall

Sean

--
Sean Rima
ICQ: 679813 PalTalk: thecivvie
Anonymous
May 16, 2005 1:52:22 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.help_and_support (More info?)

Hi,

Start/run services.msc, you will find remote registery listed there. Double
click it to change the settings.

--
Best of Luck,

Rick Rogers, aka "Nutcase" - Microsoft MVP
http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
Associate Expert - WindowsXP Expert Zone
www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone
Windows help - www.rickrogers.org

"Sean Rima" <thecivvie@gmail.com.invalid> wrote in message
news:mn.81977d552837686d.29854@tcob1.net...
>I have an app that keeps asking me to start the remote registary service to
>use PHD. It is WindowsUpTime so I can track the uptime of all the pc's on
>my network. But I cannot find this service. How do I start it? And is it
>safe or is there a port I can block in the firewall
>
> Sean
>
> --
> Sean Rima
> ICQ: 679813 PalTalk: thecivvie
>
Anonymous
May 16, 2005 10:46:53 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.help_and_support (More info?)

Rick "Nutcase" Rogers formulated on Monday :
> Hi,
>
> Start/run services.msc, you will find remote registery listed there. Double
> click it to change the settings.
>

Must be hidng on me as I cannot see it there :) 

Sean

--
Sean Rima
ICQ: 679813 PalTalk: thecivvie
Related resources
Anonymous
May 16, 2005 10:46:54 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.help_and_support (More info?)

Hi,

Click start/run, type cmd and click ok. From the prompt, run this:

net start remoteregistry

What happens?

--
Best of Luck,

Rick Rogers, aka "Nutcase" - Microsoft MVP
http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
Associate Expert - WindowsXP Expert Zone
www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone
Windows help - www.rickrogers.org

"Sean Rima" <thecivvie@gmail.com.invalid> wrote in message
news:mn.84667d555d3acf10.29854@tcob1.net...
> Rick "Nutcase" Rogers formulated on Monday :
>> Hi,
>>
>> Start/run services.msc, you will find remote registery listed there.
>> Double click it to change the settings.
>>
>
> Must be hidng on me as I cannot see it there :) 
>
> Sean
>
> --
> Sean Rima
> ICQ: 679813 PalTalk: thecivvie
>
Anonymous
May 17, 2005 1:56:01 AM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.help_and_support (More info?)

After serious thinking Rick "Nutcase" Rogers wrote :
> net start remoteregistry

C:\Documents and Settings\Sean Rima>net start remoteregistry
The service name is invalid.

More help is available by typing NET HELPMSG 2185.

Dunno what that means, maybe I need to install it somehow

Sean

--
Sean Rima
ICQ: 679813 PalTalk: thecivvie
!