Remote Registary Service

I have an app that keeps asking me to start the remote registary
service to use PHD. It is WindowsUpTime so I can track the uptime of
all the pc's on my network. But I cannot find this service. How do I
start it? And is it safe or is there a port I can block in the firewall

Sean

--
Sean Rima
ICQ: 679813 PalTalk: thecivvie

Hi,

Start/run services.msc, you will find remote registery listed there. Double
click it to change the settings.

--
Best of Luck,

http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone
Windows help - www.rickrogers.org

"Sean Rima" <thecivvie@gmail.com.invalid> wrote in message
>I have an app that keeps asking me to start the remote registary service to
>use PHD. It is WindowsUpTime so I can track the uptime of all the pc's on
>my network. But I cannot find this service. How do I start it? And is it
>safe or is there a port I can block in the firewall
>
> Sean
>
> --
> Sean Rima
> ICQ: 679813 PalTalk: thecivvie

Rick "Nutcase" Rogers formulated on Monday :
> Hi,
>
> Start/run services.msc, you will find remote registery listed there. Double
> click it to change the settings.

Must be hidng on me as I cannot see it there :)

Sean

--
Sean Rima
ICQ: 679813 PalTalk: thecivvie

Hi,

Click start/run, type cmd and click ok. From the prompt, run this:

net start remoteregistry

What happens?

--

After serious thinking Rick "Nutcase" Rogers wrote :
> net start remoteregistry

C:\Documents and Settings\Sean Rima>net start remoteregistry
The service name is invalid.

More help is available by typing NET HELPMSG 2185.

Dunno what that means, maybe I need to install it somehow

Sean