Remote Registary Service

I have an app that keeps asking me to start the remote registary
service to use PHD. It is WindowsUpTime so I can track the uptime of
all the pc's on my network. But I cannot find this service. How do I
start it? And is it safe or is there a port I can block in the firewall

Sean

--
Sean Rima
ICQ: 679813 PalTalk: thecivvie

    Hi,

    Start/run services.msc, you will find remote registery listed there. Double
    click it to change the settings.

    --
    Best of Luck,

    http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
    www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone
    Windows help - www.rickrogers.org

    "Sean Rima" <thecivvie@gmail.com.invalid> wrote in message
    >I have an app that keeps asking me to start the remote registary service to
    >use PHD. It is WindowsUpTime so I can track the uptime of all the pc's on
    >my network. But I cannot find this service. How do I start it? And is it
    >safe or is there a port I can block in the firewall
    >
    > Sean
    >
    > --
    > Sean Rima
    > ICQ: 679813 PalTalk: thecivvie

    Rick "Nutcase" Rogers formulated on Monday :
    > Hi,
    >
    > Start/run services.msc, you will find remote registery listed there. Double
    > click it to change the settings.

    Must be hidng on me as I cannot see it there :)

    Sean

    --
    Sean Rima
    ICQ: 679813 PalTalk: thecivvie

    Hi,

    Click start/run, type cmd and click ok. From the prompt, run this:

    net start remoteregistry

    What happens?

    --

    After serious thinking Rick "Nutcase" Rogers wrote :
    > net start remoteregistry

    C:\Documents and Settings\Sean Rima>net start remoteregistry
    The service name is invalid.

    More help is available by typing NET HELPMSG 2185.

    Dunno what that means, maybe I need to install it somehow

    Sean

    --
    Sean Rima
    ICQ: 679813 PalTalk: thecivvie