Hello everyone! Below I have filled out the FAQ questions to help you guys give me some options. I currently don’t have a pc at all and think it is finally time to just bite the bullet, so this will be my primary machine. I really appreciate good quality/reliability when it comes to hardware. Thanks!
1. What is your budget?
$1000 - $1200, I am willing to entertain ideas outside of that as well if you have a strong recommendation. $1500 is the max.
2. What is the size of the notebook that you are considering?
Don’t have a strong preference on this one.
3. What screen resolution do you want?
1920 x 1080 would be nice.
4. Do you need a portable or desktop replacement laptop?
This will be my primary pc.
5. How much battery life do you need?
Battery life is not a major concern. Five hours would be nice, but not a major requirement.
6. Do you want to play games with your laptop? If so then please list the games that you want to with the settings that you want for these games. (Low,Medium or High)?
I wont be doing much gaming on the laptop.
Leage of Legends – Medium, High would be nice but not a requirement
7. What other tasks do you want to do with your laptop? (Photo/Video editing, Etc.)
Video Editing – I will mostly be using a capture device like a Happauge HD PVR and a video editing program like Sony Vegas. I would really like to be able to use a video editing program very smoothly and preview my videos within the program with no issues.
**This is the most important requirement for me.**
8. How much storage (Hard Drive capacity) do you need?
I would say that my storage requirements are minimal. I have no music or movies I don’t plan to install any games besides LOL, maybe one or two games in the future, max. I will put video editing software on the cp. I would like to get a SSD, maybe 128/256GB? All of my videos can go onto an external HDD I suppose if the SSD is not enough.
9. If you are considering specific sites to buy from, please post their links.
10. How long do you want to keep your laptop?
I would like this to be usable for 3-4 years or more if possible, so I am willing to invest in something of good quality.
11. What kind of Optical drive do you need? DVD ROM/Writer,Bluray ROM/Writer,Etc ?
Optical drive requirements are minimal, just what the average user needs. Bluray is not necessary.
12. Please tell us about the brands that you prefer to buy from them and the brands that you don't like and explain the reasons.
No preference. Like mentioned before, a reliable brand that is of good quality is important to me.
13. What country do you live in?
14. Please tell us any additional information if needed.
I am looking for a Windows pc with an intel processor. 8GB of RAM and a dedicated graphics card would be nice.
Thanks a lot for the recommendation, very appreciated. Also, do you have any prior experience with xotic pc are they a good site to order from?
Yes, they are very good. Very dependable. It is easy to get what you want from them because they give you the choice of swapping out hardware, unlike bigger online retailers like Amazon, Newegg etc.. If you prefer to stick with another store, like one of the others I just mentioned, I'm sure if I look it up I might find something similar.