CMD Startup Problem

When i boot up windows a cmd script appears and shuts down windows.
Virus and adware/spyware scans were made but nothing was picked up. Is
there a solution to this problem?

--
Andykillz
Andykillz's Profile: http://www.iamnotageek.com/member.php?userid=12805

    "Andykillz" <Andykillz.1p48v7@no-mx.forums.iamnotageek.com> wrote in
    message news:Andykillz.1p48v7@no-mx.forums.iamnotageek.com...

    > When i boot up windows a cmd script appears and shuts down windows.
    > Virus and adware/spyware scans were made but nothing was picked up. Is
    > there a solution to this problem?

    When you log into Windows, type the following in the Run dialog box to
    abort the shutdown

    shutdown -a

    Then go to msconfig (Winkey+R > msconfig) and disable all the startup
    items, then re-enable one start up item at a time and reboot to find the
    culprit that is causing the shutdown.

    I will give a hint, the startup item in the location /might/ contain

    shutdown;
    ..cmd file, or
    ..bat file.

    Once you find the culprit, post back and someone or myself will tell you
    how to delete this startup entry.

    --
    William

Support Command Prompt Microsoft Windows XP