Sound card issue

I recently purchased windows xp pro. I installed it and i found out that my
sound wasn't working with xp pro. So i looked in sound options and it said i
had no sound card. Which i know is impossible because i was using xp home the
other day and my sound was working fine. I find it highly unlikely that my
sound card broke down over that 2 hour period it took me to install xp pro. I
just use the on-board sound card that came with my pc nothing fancy. I think
it was actlec audio 97, not 100% sure. anyway i don't really want to buy a
new one until i know it's broken so any suggestions would be greatly
appreciated. my system specs are:

p4 2.4 ghz
512 ram
128 radeon 9800 pro
windows xp pro.

Hi corey_the_chef,

Have you installed the sound card drivers yet? Unless there are Windows
defaults for the add-on card, it will operate until you do.

--
Best of Luck,

http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone