Error message on start-up

Error message says: "gearsec has encountered a problem & needs to close" Can
anyone tell me please, what 'gearsec' is and how to correct the problem?
Its starting to annoy me, its there every time I start up windows.

map

Olim22 wrote:
> Error message says: "gearsec has encountered a problem & needs to
> close" Can anyone tell me please, what 'gearsec' is and how to
> correct the problem?
> Its starting to annoy me, its there every time I start up windows.

What is gearsec.
http://www.liutilities.com/products/wintaskspro/processlibrary/gearsec/

Programs such as Drive image7 and DVD Xcopy use gearsec,the last time that I
checked (which has been several months now,my be old information)
gearsec is not compatable with SP2,do you have SP2 installed?

--
Mike Pawlak

Yes just recently installed it, this is why I'm getting this message, any
answers, how do I remove. As I do have drive image, not DVD xcopy. Does
this mean I have to uninstall drive image?