1. What is your budget?
I'd like to spend 800. I really can't spend too much more than that, though, it is possible i might get a discount on anything Dell because of my father's job, so anything close to 800 in the Dell World should be considered.
2. What is the size of the notebook that you are considering?
15 - 17. I'd prefer a 17 inch, but it's not a huge deal.
3. What screen resolution do you want?
Whatever is the norm, Screen Resolution doesn't really matter to me.
4. Do you need a portable or desktop replacement laptop?
This is mostly serving as a desktop replacement.
5. How much battery life do you need?
4 -5 hours would be preferrable, as im most likely going to be using it for class. Light use while on the battery though, should be able to turn on power saving settings.
6. Do you want to play games with your laptop? If so then please list the games that you want to with the settings that you want for these games. (Low,Medium or High)?
I do want to. I am big into WoW and League of Legends, Starcraft 2, Minecraft, Smite, and Dragon's Nest. I'd like to run on medium to high, but if i have to go down to low for raids and such, no big deal, i mostly just dont want to deal with framerate lag in a game.
7. What other tasks do you want to do with your laptop? (Photo/Video editing, Etc.)
Just internet browsing, note taking and general computing.
8. How much storage (Hard Drive capacity) do you need?
The biggest you can get for the money, but i have an external at home, so its not an issue.
9. If you are considering specific sites to buy from, please post their links.
10. How long do you want to keep your laptop?
As long as I can before i save the money to buy a real Desktop Setup.
11. What kind of Optical drive do you need? DVD ROM/Writer,Bluray ROM/Writer,Etc ?
12. Please tell us about the brands that you prefer to buy from them and the brands that you don't like and explain the reasons.
Dell, because of the discount. But hey, i want the best bang for my buck.
13. What country do you live in?
14. Please tell us any additional information if needed.
Will be buying in a few weeks.