Wireless Dell CP and phone line??? How?

Hi! I just bought a Latitude CP 233 128 on ebay for my Mom.. How do I set
up a wireless connection to her phone line (she will use a local ISP) so she
can use the laptop anywhere in the house??
( I'm obviously a real novice on wireless, so any help is GREATLY
appreciated).

thanks! Please reply to:

SHartz40@yahoo.com
7 answers Last reply
More about wireless dell phone line

    "Stephen Hartz" <SHartz@columbus.rr.com> wrote in

    > How do I set
    > up a wireless connection to her phone line (she will use a local ISP)
    > so she can use the laptop anywhere in the house??

    Uhh... which cell phone do you have?

    --
    Lucas Tam (REMOVEnntp@rogers.com)

    Landline, not cell...

    "Stephen Hartz" <SHartz@columbus.rr.com> wrote in news:Pgecc.6614$bP5.1999
    @fe1.columbus.rr.com:

    > Landline, not cell...

    You'll need a router with a phone port - i.e. Orinoco RG-1000.

    Routers with a dialup modem are rare these days.

    --
    Lucas Tam (REMOVEnntp@rogers.com)

    Lucas Tam <REMOVEnntp@rogers.com> wrote:

    > Routers with a dialup modem are rare these days.

    AFAIK, the only wireless router that actually includes a built-in modem
    is Apple's AirPort Extreme Base Station (the $250 model). USR and D-Link
    make -- or at least used to make -- models that could use an external
    modem for a dialup connection.

    The Apple unit can be used alternatively as a PPP host for connecting to
    your home network via telephone line.

    neillmassello@earthlink.net (Neill Massello) wrote in

    > USR and D-Link
    > make -- or at least used to make -- models that could use an external
    > modem for a dialup connection.

    That reminds me... my old SMC Barricade had a serial port:

    http://www.smc.com/index.cfm?sec=Products&pg=Product-Details&prod=67&site=c

    It's only 69.00CDN (40US) brand new (without a modem):
    http://www.canadacomputers.com/networking.html

    Sometimes you can pick this router up for ~20US when there is a rebate.

    --
    Lucas Tam (REMOVEnntp@rogers.com)

    Another glitch, the laptop has an INTERNAl 56 K modem- what now??

    "Stephen Hartz" <SHartz@columbus.rr.com> wrote in news:gImcc.6700$bP5.2896
    @fe1.columbus.rr.com:

    > Another glitch, the laptop has an INTERNAl 56 K modem- what now??

    1. Buy an external modem.

    2. Connect the phoneline to the internal modem? : )

    --
    Lucas Tam (REMOVEnntp@rogers.com)

Wireless Phones Internet Service Providers Wireless Networking