Inferno pre-auction price drop (cross-posted)

Archived from groups: rec.games.video.arcade.marketplace,rec.games.video.arcade.collecting (More info?)

Inferno, by Williams, 1984 prototype original in good condition!

Instead of listing the game on ebay today, I'm going to wait till
Friday, May 27th. In the meantime, I'll drop the price to $4400 WHICH
INCLUDES SHIPPING! I'll be using Watkins to ship it, and it will be
very securely crated. If you live anywhere in the northwest, we can
totally work out some sort of delivery/pickup thing and drop the price
accordingly. I encourage anyone who is interested to come see the
game, and test drive it, if possible (email me for more info on that).

It would be cool to avoid dealing with ebay fees and possible auction
drama. This is why I am dropping the price before ebaying it.
I really appreciate all the suggestions and advice offered up by the
readers of this group. It's been a wonderful learning experience.
The pictures are at http://hometown.aol.com/acuriousbrow/inferno1.html
Let me know if there's any other info you would like.
I will do whatever necessary to achieve a smooth and pleasant sale.
Thanks for looking!
Jeremy

Archived from groups: rec.games.video.arcade.marketplace,rec.games.video.arcade.collecting (More info?)

Does anyone know if these roms were dumped? For preservation purpouses
only ;) Seriously, If thats true (which i could believe, or im
gullable) It should be dumped. When those few boards dies, it will no
longer exist.

-isaac

Archived from groups: rec.games.video.arcade.marketplace,rec.games.video.arcade.collecting (More info?)

I don't get it; 4400 for a lame playing, non-popular game. I played in
mame once, not fun at all? Where is the value derived in this game? I
know this sounds 'flamish', but not intended, just curious if I missed
something.

Archived from groups: rec.games.video.arcade.marketplace,rec.games.video.arcade.collecting (More info?)

Hell.. if it was mine I'd dump it just so *I* would have a backup... let's
face it, there's no better backup then 100 million people around the world
:)

"Vizilla" <izwalker@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> Does anyone know if these roms were dumped? For preservation purpouses
> only ;) Seriously, If thats true (which i could believe, or im
> gullable) It should be dumped. When those few boards dies, it will no
> longer exist.
>
> -isaac

Archived from groups: rec.games.video.arcade.marketplace,rec.games.video.arcade.collecting (More info?)

We ain't smart enough for that. (board dumping) haha! The future buyer
would be much more able to do that than my wife and I. We got the game
from a relative and have been storing it ever since. All the roms have
proto8 stickers on them, and they all match. Opening the back for the
first time was really amazing.

Archived from groups: rec.games.video.arcade.marketplace,rec.games.video.arcade.collecting (More info?)

I've played the game in MAME, so I'd have to guess they've been dumped.

"Steve Muccione" <home*DOT*muccione@verizon.net> wrote in message
> Hell.. if it was mine I'd dump it just so *I* would have a backup... let's
> face it, there's no better backup then 100 million people around the world
> :)
>
> "Vizilla" <izwalker@yahoo.com> wrote in message
>> Does anyone know if these roms were dumped? For preservation purpouses
>> only ;) Seriously, If thats true (which i could believe, or im
>> gullable) It should be dumped. When those few boards dies, it will no
>> longer exist.
>>
>> -isaac

Archived from groups: rec.games.video.arcade.marketplace,rec.games.video.arcade.collecting (More info?)

The value is derived from its rarity. Having said that, I would be
surprised if it sells for $4400. But given the fact that its rare, you just
never know. It just seems that the rare games that aren't very good have
really fallen in price lately (joust 2, mystic marathon, etc).

<wellbee@excite.com> wrote in message
>I don't get it; 4400 for a lame playing, non-popular game. I played in
> mame once, not fun at all? Where is the value derived in this game? I
> know this sounds 'flamish', but not intended, just curious if I missed
> something.

guinness

Archived from groups: rec.games.video.arcade.marketplace,rec.games.video.arcade.collecting (More info?)

I like Inferno's play. As I wrote to the seller originally, I think it
might net $3K, but thinking more I doubt it will go over $2500. I can't
believe working J2's have sold for just over $500 on ebay in a highly
populated area....thats amazing. Its just a buyers market right now (which
I like!). I would love to see what this gets on ebay. I'll buy it for
$1500. :D

tim (NH)

"Chuk" <chuk@ourcade.com> wrote in message
> The value is derived from its rarity. Having said that, I would be
> surprised if it sells for $4400. But given the fact that its rare, you
> just never know. It just seems that the rare games that aren't very good
> have really fallen in price lately (joust 2, mystic marathon, etc).
>

> <wellbee@excite.com> wrote in message
>>I don't get it; 4400 for a lame playing, non-popular game. I played in
>> mame once, not fun at all? Where is the value derived in this game? I
>> know this sounds 'flamish', but not intended, just curious if I missed
>> something.

Troy

Distinguished
Sep 26, 2003
Archived from groups: rec.games.video.arcade.marketplace,rec.games.video.arcade.collecting (More info?)

It's a buyers market from here on out. most collectors have already obtained
the game they need/ or were looking for, rare games included. on top of that
many collectors are moving on to other things now, like pins for one. Vids
do not command the prices they once did.

even back in it's hay day, this game only brought around $1000 on ebay (the
one that Bret bought). I remember watching that auction. maybe Bret can fill
us in on the exact price.

Troy,

"guinness" <guinness@REMOVEaspi.net> wrote in message
> I like Inferno's play. As I wrote to the seller originally, I think it
> might net $3K, but thinking more I doubt it will go over $2500. I can't
> believe working J2's have sold for just over $500 on ebay in a highly
> populated area....thats amazing. Its just a buyers market right now
(which
> I like!). I would love to see what this gets on ebay. I'll buy it for
> $1500. :D
>
> tim (NH)
>
> "Chuk" <chuk@ourcade.com> wrote in message
> > The value is derived from its rarity. Having said that, I would be
> > surprised if it sells for $4400. But given the fact that its rare, you
> > just never know. It just seems that the rare games that aren't very
good
> > have really fallen in price lately (joust 2, mystic marathon, etc).
> >

> > <wellbee@excite.com> wrote in message
> >>I don't get it; 4400 for a lame playing, non-popular game. I played in
> >> mame once, not fun at all? Where is the value derived in this game? I
> >> know this sounds 'flamish', but not intended, just curious if I missed
> >> something.

Archived from groups: rec.games.video.arcade.marketplace,rec.games.video.arcade.collecting (More info?)

My boardset has Proto 8 on the roms.

I think they all do.

David Haynes
dlh@bombjack.org

www.bombjack.org

On 25 May 2005 01:49:34 -0700, "Vizilla" <izwalker@yahoo.com> wrote:

>Does anyone know if these roms were dumped? For preservation purpouses
>only ;) Seriously, If thats true (which i could believe, or im
>gullable) It should be dumped. When those few boards dies, it will no
>longer exist.
>
>-isaac

David Haynes
dlh@bombjack.org

www.bombjack.org

i tried inferno in mame and only played it for a minute.
save your money and buy a crystal castles :)

Archived from groups: rec.games.video.arcade.marketplace,rec.games.video.arcade.collecting (More info?)

I played Varkon today!:) Now I just need to get the guy to let it go to
a good home like mine.

Todd

Andy

Archived from groups: rec.games.video.arcade.marketplace,rec.games.video.arcade.collecting (More info?)

I stopped collecting video games in '97 when I learned about and began to
experience MAME. A lot of people in this group will reply with their
discontent about how the games emulated by MAME and in MAME cabinets don't
play "exactly" the same. I think these people are in the minority and I
question what interest they have in defending that perspective. (I.E., do
they own THIS game, for example! - I don't mean to imply that the guy
selling this feels this way, but I don't doubt that many classic vid
collectors decide to sell out before their item becomes less and less
valuable due to age and an increasing lack of interest.) Look at Dragons's
Lair for example. What are THOSE trading for these days?

In any event, I dumped my vid collection for pins a long time ago. There
doesn't seem to be enough collectors in the video market these days to
justify the prices some of these games used tocontinue to command.... as a
result, welcome to falling prices...

Cool game and story - never actually seen one. Is this game more or less
rare than the duramold game that had less than 500 made? Can't remember the
name of it though...

Andy

"Troy" <troyl@lvcm.com> wrote in message
> It's a buyers market from here on out. most collectors have already
> obtained
> the game they need/ or were looking for, rare games included. on top of
> that
> many collectors are moving on to other things now, like pins for one. Vids
> do not command the prices they once did.
>
> even back in it's hay day, this game only brought around $1000 on ebay
> (the
> one that Bret bought). I remember watching that auction. maybe Bret can
> fill
> us in on the exact price.
>

> Troy,
>

> "guinness" <guinness@REMOVEaspi.net> wrote in message
>> I like Inferno's play. As I wrote to the seller originally, I think it
>> might net $3K, but thinking more I doubt it will go over $2500. I can't
>> believe working J2's have sold for just over $500 on ebay in a highly
>> populated area....thats amazing. Its just a buyers market right now
> (which
>> I like!). I would love to see what this gets on ebay. I'll buy it for
>> $1500. :D
>>
>> tim (NH)
>>
>> "Chuk" <chuk@ourcade.com> wrote in message
>> > The value is derived from its rarity. Having said that, I would be
>> > surprised if it sells for $4400. But given the fact that its rare, you
>> > just never know. It just seems that the rare games that aren't very
> good
>> > have really fallen in price lately (joust 2, mystic marathon, etc).
>> >

>> > <wellbee@excite.com> wrote in message

Troy

Distinguished
Sep 26, 2003
Archived from groups: rec.games.video.arcade.marketplace,rec.games.video.arcade.collecting (More info?)

Blaster, yes inferno is a bit more rare than that.
Tons more blasters around that have turn up actually in comparison.
However blaster has much better game play by far, IMO.

Troy,