FM2005 Media Madness Pt 94

Rob

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

"Media hail young Robinho's performance.

Journalists have rushed to lavish praise on 'immense' Robinho after his
latest performance drove his team forward in Dortmund's 5-0 defeat at the
hands of Bayern Munich.
One report stated that the young twenty-three year old striker was beginning
to show a maturity for Dortmund which belied his age."

One, what's so great about being on the receiving end of a 5-0 hammering?
And two, he wasn't even playing.(Might not have been 5-0 if he was.) He was
in Brazil's squad for the World Cup qualifiers at the time.

A third puzzle is how Dortmund, about the most skint team in Europe IRL,
managed to buy both Robinho and Tevez at the same time for around £17m the
pair.

"rob" <rbull@tora.fsnet.co.uk> wrote in message
> "Media hail young Robinho's performance.
>
> Journalists have rushed to lavish praise on 'immense' Robinho after his
> latest performance drove his team forward in Dortmund's 5-0 defeat at the
> hands of Bayern Munich.
> One report stated that the young twenty-three year old striker was
> beginning to show a maturity for Dortmund which belied his age."
>
> One, what's so great about being on the receiving end of a 5-0 hammering?
> And two, he wasn't even playing.(Might not have been 5-0 if he was.) He
> was in Brazil's squad for the World Cup qualifiers at the time.
>
> A third puzzle is how Dortmund, about the most skint team in Europe IRL,
> managed to buy both Robinho and Tevez at the same time for around £17m the
> pair.

Thet have just been relegated in my game (first season - no sales and not
bankrupt).

Are you using any of the patches?

--
Michael Murray

Rob

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

>> A third puzzle is how Dortmund, about the most skint team in Europe IRL,
>> managed to buy both Robinho and Tevez at the same time for around £17m
>> the
>> pair.
>>

> Thet have just been relegated in my game (first season - no sales and not
> bankrupt).
>
> Are you using any of the patches?
>

> --
> Michael Murray

Patch 5.0.5 but applied after the game began.

Rob

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

>>> A third puzzle is how Dortmund, about the most skint team in Europe IRL,
>>> managed to buy both Robinho and Tevez at the same time for around £17m
>>> the
>>> pair.
>>>

>> Thet have just been relegated in my game (first season - no sales and not
>> bankrupt).
>>
>> Are you using any of the patches?
>>

>> --
>> Michael Murray
>>

> Patch 5.0.5 but applied after the game began.
I've got another game as St. Pauli started after the patch and with fmuv3
update which seems more realistic. Dortmund start with a 680k transfer fund
and in their second season have only bought Philipp Degen to date.

rob wrote:
> "rob" <rbull@tora.fsnet.co.uk> wrote in message

>>> Thet have just been relegated in my game (first season - no sales
>>> and not bankrupt).
>>>
>>> Are you using any of the patches?
>>>

>>> --
>>> Michael Murray
>>>

>> Patch 5.0.5 but applied after the game began.
> I've got another game as St. Pauli started after the patch and with
> fmuv3 update which seems more realistic. Dortmund start with a 680k
> transfer fund and in their second season have only bought Philipp
> Degen to date.

I think some of the fan made updates update Dortmunds finances, also I've
found that 5.0.5 when applied to an existing game does weird stuff, but is
fine for new games (though the team of the week/year goes back to only
telling you about 3 of your players).

--
Michael Murray

"rob" <rbull@tora.fsnet.co.uk> wrote in message news:<d38rtn$mhh$1@newsg4.svr.pol.co.uk>...
> "Media hail young Robinho's performance.
>
> Journalists have rushed to lavish praise on 'immense' Robinho after his
> latest performance drove his team forward in Dortmund's 5-0 defeat at the
> hands of Bayern Munich.

Hah !
Compare that to Champ Man 5's insistence that Exeter had a 2-0 "draw"
with Accrington....;->

It's a worry.....

Phillip Bird

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ /|~~~~~\
~~~~Unit 1~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ / | \
~~~~25 Hampton Road~~~~~~ ~Q /_ | + + \
~~~~ESSENDON~~~~~~~~~~ </<| | + + \
~~~~Victoria, 3040~~~~~~~~ / | | + + \
mailto:pBird@alphalink.com.au )\@ | + + |

http://alphalink.com.au/~pbird/philbird.htm

Rob

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

> I think some of the fan made updates update Dortmunds finances, also I've
> found that 5.0.5 when applied to an existing game does weird stuff, but is
> fine for new games (though the team of the week/year goes back to only
> telling you about 3 of your players).
>

> --
> Michael Murray

I've abandoned the Bayern game.As you say the patch seems to do strange
things to existing games. Dortmund now have £62m, £18m for transfers, and
Team of the Week often contains players who haven't even played.