Hi newbie needs help when changing themes Windows hangs

Savannahmick

Distinguished
Mar 7, 2010
I came home the other day and I tried to change theme to classic and my desktop hung up and I had to go to the task manager and stop personalizaion and every thing works find until I change theme again sometimes it just takes forever! Don't understand never heard of this one but also when I shutdown sometimes it hangs for a second and cause warning 1530 reg handle leaked and it is the same reg. key everytime. New pc i7 860 / radeon 5770/ 8gig ddr3/ win7 64. I did do a update from Windows the other day but it said sucessfull but warning in event viewer about media center update something like repository dont match depositories I dont have a clue where to start!PLEASE HELP DELL WONT SAYS SOFTWARE ISSUE BULLSH--!THANKA AGAIN for any ideas!

Solution
It could be that the registry is a bit fussed up right now, hence your issue. Even though some aren't fans of registry "cleaners," I am, as I find that they work to clear up issues like this. A good/free cleaner is called GlaryUtilities. Google it, download it, and run it. See if that fixes the issue. If not, report back to us.
It could be that the registry is a bit fussed up right now, hence your issue. Even though some aren't fans of registry "cleaners," I am, as I find that they work to clear up issues like this. A good/free cleaner is called GlaryUtilities. Google it, download it, and run it. See if that fixes the issue. If not, report back to us.

Solution

Savannahmick

Distinguished
Mar 7, 2010
Thanks for info/help! Anyway I had installed a bunch of new updates like net runtime 4 and a pre cracked game that had done a full scan on thats when I noticed problems, so I scanned with two ultilities no virus! So I used a decent reg cleaner and no luck with that ,next I did a scannow command no problems ! Finally I restored back before updates and game hey it worked ! One more thing I still get the user profile service warning 1530 reg handle leaked , but since its the same key everytime I guess I can live with it because only in event viewer. I noticed when I ran autoruns there was a user profile upload listing what is that and it was unchecked but not by me should I enable it or not any other ideas would be appreciated!THANKS AGAIN!