Sign in with
Your question
Solved

Hi newbie needs help when changing themes Windows hangs

Tags:
Last response: in Windows 7
June 29, 2010 11:41:24 PM

I came home the other day and I tried to change theme to classic and my desktop hung up and I had to go to the task manager and stop personalizaion and every thing works find until I change theme again sometimes it just takes forever! Don't understand never heard of this one but also when I shutdown sometimes it hangs for a second and cause warning 1530 reg handle leaked and it is the same reg. key everytime. New pc i7 860 / radeon 5770/ 8gig ddr3/ win7 64. I did do a update from Windows the other day but it said sucessfull but warning in event viewer about media center update something like repository dont match depositories I dont have a clue where to start!PLEASE HELP DELL WONT SAYS SOFTWARE ISSUE BULLSH--!THANKA AGAIN for any ideas!

Best solution

a b $ Windows 7
June 30, 2010 1:11:50 AM

It could be that the registry is a bit fussed up right now, hence your issue. Even though some aren't fans of registry "cleaners," I am, as I find that they work to clear up issues like this. A good/free cleaner is called GlaryUtilities. Google it, download it, and run it. See if that fixes the issue. If not, report back to us.
June 30, 2010 9:49:57 PM

Thanks for info/help! Anyway I had installed a bunch of new updates like net runtime 4 and a pre cracked game that had done a full scan on thats when I noticed problems, so I scanned with two ultilities no virus! So I used a decent reg cleaner and no luck with that ,next I did a scannow command no problems ! Finally I restored back before updates and game hey it worked ! One more thing I still get the user profile service warning 1530 reg handle leaked , but since its the same key everytime I guess I can live with it because only in event viewer. I noticed when I ran autoruns there was a user profile upload listing what is that and it was unchecked but not by me should I enable it or not any other ideas would be appreciated!THANKS AGAIN!
m
l
July 7, 2010 9:55:33 PM

Best answer selected by Savannahmick.
m
l
!