Help needed with rebooting PC

Just wondering if some kind person could help me out. My pc keeps freezing
and the rebooting itself and i get the following message

A problem has been detected and windows has been shutdown to prevent damage
to your computer.

DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL

If this is the first time you've seen this stop error screen, restart your
computer. If this screen appears again, follow these
steps:

Check to make sure any new hardware or software is properly installed. If
this is a new installation, ask your hardware or software
manufacturer for any windows updates you might need.

If problems continue, disable or remove any newly installed hardware or
software. Disable BIOS memory options such as caching or shadowing.
If you need to use safemode to remove or disable components, restart your
computer, press F8 to select Advanced start-up options, and then select safe
mode.

Technical information

*** STOP: 0x000000D1 (0X00000400, 0X00000002, 0X00000000, 0XFC347A96)

*** NDIS.sys - Address FC347A96 base at FC32B000, Datastamp 41107ec3

Beginning dump of physical memory
Physical memory dump complete
Contact you system administrator or technical support group for further
assistance.

I don't have the best pc in the world I know and here are my specs
Windows xp pro
Pentium 3
1Ghz
128mb ram.

I've just had a fresh install done to see if that would fix the problem but
it hasn't.

Thanks
Paul (uk)
*remove NOSPAM to reply

Hi

Please try the following link to Jim Eshelman's web site - left hand
column(D1):

http://aumha.org/win5/kbestop.htm

--

Will Denny
MS-MVP Windows Shell/User

"Paul Kelly" <pk001d3183NOSPAM@blueyonder.co.uk> wrote in message
> Just wondering if some kind person could help me out. My pc keeps freezing
> and the rebooting itself and i get the following message
>

> A problem has been detected and windows has been shutdown to prevent
> damage
> to your computer.
>
> DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL
>
> If this is the first time you've seen this stop error screen, restart your
> computer. If this screen appears again, follow these
> steps:
>
> Check to make sure any new hardware or software is properly installed. If
> this is a new installation, ask your hardware or software
> manufacturer for any windows updates you might need.
>
> If problems continue, disable or remove any newly installed hardware or
> software. Disable BIOS memory options such as caching or shadowing.
> If you need to use safemode to remove or disable components, restart your
> computer, press F8 to select Advanced start-up options, and then select
> safe
> mode.
>

> Technical information
>

> *** STOP: 0x000000D1 (0X00000400, 0X00000002, 0X00000000, 0XFC347A96)
>

> *** NDIS.sys - Address FC347A96 base at FC32B000, Datastamp 41107ec3
>

> Beginning dump of physical memory
> Physical memory dump complete
> Contact you system administrator or technical support group for further
> assistance.

> I don't have the best pc in the world I know and here are my specs
> Windows xp pro
> Pentium 3
> 1Ghz
> 128mb ram.
>
> I've just had a fresh install done to see if that would fix the problem
> but
> it hasn't.
>
> Thanks
> Paul (uk)