Weird Nintendo Playchoice Monitor setup

Last response: in Video Games
a b C Monitor
May 25, 2005 4:29:48 PM

I bought at an auction one of those dedicated Playchoice 1 monitor designs.
It's really nice and my favorite version of the playchoice machines, has
"nintendo" logos on the side, and the regular sideart, and is painted jet
black.

Anyways, this thing came from the factory with a Wells Garner monitor, not
the usual Sanyo one. Someone had (I think) taken the 7000? monitor out, and
put in a WG 4900, probably thinking they could just switch them, but the WG
4900 comes up with all the colors inverted.

Here's the strange part. Under the monitor, is a factory sound amp, and
powersupply for the sound amp. It's all wired in neatly, nothing's cut, and
it's shown in the paperwork from Nintendo.

I thought they all had Sanyo's in them, or the Sharp version, but I guess
not.

My question is, does anybody have any idea what's the deal with the K7000
that was in it? I guess perhaps it had modified circuitry to invert the
colors back on board?

Anybody ever ran into one of these like that? Maybe all the single monitor
Playchoice dedicated's were that way, I don't know.

Thanks,

Ron
Anonymous
a b C Monitor
May 25, 2005 4:29:49 PM

Wells-Gardner does indeed make an optional video inversion feature for
their monitors provided that feature is ordered with the particular
model at the time of order.
Anonymous
a b C Monitor
May 25, 2005 4:29:50 PM

I agree, isnt it a switch on the chassis Ken??

--

AF

!