Network Password?

I have a user logging onto Xp Home but they can't access the network
printers without first forcing a network connection and then typing in their
UserID and Password. How do I enter a network userID and Password so that
the computer will automatically connect to the network? I've tried adding a
link to the server in "My Network" places but it doesn't seem to be working.
I've also changed their password so that it is the same as their windows
login?
4 answers Last reply
More about network password
  1. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.general,microsoft.public.windowsxp.help_and_support (More info?)

    I have a user logging onto Xp Home but they can't access the network
    printers without first forcing a network connection and then typing in their
    UserID and Password. How do I enter a network userID and Password so that
    the computer will automatically connect to the network? I've tried adding a
    link to the server in "My Network" places but it doesn't seem to be working.
    I've also changed their password so that it is the same as their windows
    login?
  2. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.general,microsoft.public.windowsxp.help_and_support (More info?)

    Depend on what type of network, you may need Powertoys for XP TweakUI for
    the auto-logon.

    However, please not that a XP Home PC can never join up to a Windows NT 4.0,
    Windows 2000 server or Windows 2003 server domain. Microsoft has removed
    the functionality for joining a Windows domain out of XP Home.

    "HotRod" <NOSPAM@youremail.com> wrote in message
    >I have a user logging onto Xp Home but they can't access the network
    > printers without first forcing a network connection and then typing in
    > their
    > UserID and Password. How do I enter a network userID and Password so that
    > the computer will automatically connect to the network? I've tried adding
    > link to the server in "My Network" places but it doesn't seem to be
    > working.
    > I've also changed their password so that it is the same as their windows
    > login?

  3. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.general,microsoft.public.windowsxp.help_and_support (More info?)

    It's a windows 2000 server? I don't seem to have this problem with any other
    PC's though?

    Look at

    http://blogs.warwick.ac.uk/rezas/entry/differences_between_xp/

    Its unlikely you will be able to establish a stable connection with XP
    Home, most of the networking and admin functions have ben chopped out.

    --
    guestfromhell
    guestfromhell's Profile: http://www.iamnotageek.com/member.php?userid=12490

Windows XP