customize notifications

May 16, 2005 2:20:14 PM

Is there a way to clear what appears in the customize notifications area? I
know that you are able to hide when not active, but I have several programs
that even after being uninstalled are still appearing with the option to
always show, hide, or hide when inactive. Thank you in advance for any help
that you can offer.
Anonymous
May 16, 2005 7:46:34 PM

You have two options:

1. Edit the registry.
Go to Start -> Run and enter regedit in the Open box.
Click OK.
Navigate to the following key:

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\TrayNotify

In the right hand pane, click on PastIconStreams and select
Delete from the drop down menu.

2. Download and run the script listed on the left side of line 53
from this web site:

I'd go with #2.

--
Nepatsfan
"Kayla" <Kayla@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Is there a way to clear what appears in the customize
> notifications area? I
> know that you are able to hide when not active, but I have
> several programs
> that even after being uninstalled are still appearing with the
> option to
> always show, hide, or hide when inactive. Thank you in advance
> for any help
> that you can offer.
Anonymous
May 17, 2005 1:59:14 PM

Clear Past Items from the Notification Area
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=283084

--
Ramesh, Microsoft MVP
Windows XP Shell/User