customize notifications

Is there a way to clear what appears in the customize notifications area? I
know that you are able to hide when not active, but I have several programs
that even after being uninstalled are still appearing with the option to
always show, hide, or hide when inactive. Thank you in advance for any help
that you can offer.
2 answers Last reply
More about customize notifications

    You have two options:

    1. Edit the registry.
    Go to Start -> Run and enter regedit in the Open box.
    Click OK.
    Navigate to the following key:

    HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\TrayNotify

    In the right hand pane, click on PastIconStreams and select
    Delete from the drop down menu.

    2. Download and run the script listed on the left side of line 53
    from this web site:

    I'd go with #2.

    --
    Nepatsfan
    "Kayla" <Kayla@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > Is there a way to clear what appears in the customize
    > notifications area? I
    > know that you are able to hide when not active, but I have
    > several programs
    > that even after being uninstalled are still appearing with the
    > option to
    > always show, hide, or hide when inactive. Thank you in advance
    > for any help
    > that you can offer.

    Clear Past Items from the Notification Area
    http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=283084

    --
    Ramesh, Microsoft MVP
    Windows XP Shell/User

    "Kayla" <Kayla@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > Is there a way to clear what appears in the customize notifications area?
    > know that you are able to hide when not active, but I have several
    > programs
    > that even after being uninstalled are still appearing with the option to
    > always show, hide, or hide when inactive. Thank you in advance for any
    > help
    > that you can offer.

Support Microsoft Customization Windows XP