2. What is the size of the notebook that you are considering?
3. What screen resolution do you want?
1920 X 1080
4. Do you need a portable or desktop replacement laptop?
5. How much battery life do you need?
This isn't particularly important to me, but I suppose as much battery life as possible.
6. Do you want to play games with your laptop? If so then please list the games that you want to with the settings that you want for these games. (Low,Medium or High)?
Yes. I'd like to be able to play TES V: Skyrim on the highest settings possible. Basically, I plan on keeping this machine for several years, so the more power the graphics card the better.
7. What other tasks do you want to do with your laptop? (Photo/Video editing, Etc.)
I'd like to be able to dual boot linux and windows 7, so hardware with linux compatibility would be a plus.
8. How much storage (Hard Drive capacity) do you need?
I'm always running out of space, so I'd like as much hard drive space as possible. At least 750GB, if not more.
9. If you are considering specific sites to buy from, please post their links.
I'm not considering any specific sites right now. Any suggestions you guys have would be greatly appreciated.
10. How long do you want to keep your laptop?
3-4 years, if not longer.
11. What kind of Optical drive do you need? DVD ROM/Writer,Bluray ROM/Writer,Etc ?
I don't need an optical drive. In fact, it would be a plus if I could remove the optical drive and replace it with a spare laptop hard drive that I already have.
12. Please tell us about the brands that you prefer to buy from them and the brands that you don't like and explain the reasons.
I'd like to stay away from HP brand laptops, as family members have had poor experiences with them in the past.
13. What country do you live in?
The United States
14. Please tell us any additional information if needed.
Ok, so this is where it get a little complicated. I purchased a Sager NP9150 with an AMD 7970M graphics card from XoticPC. On paper, it seems like a good machine for my needs. But when it arrived it was totally unusable because the graphics card had poorly written drivers. I've returned it for a refund, but I had to pay about $100 in shipping charges myself.
So, I won't be buying a laptop with an AMD graphics card, and given the choice, I'd rather not give more of my money to XoticPC or Sager.
I know that I'm kind asking for a lot out of a laptop, and was wondering if you guys would have any recommendations for me?
It is within your price range, and has the 675m. The only thing I recommend that you customize is the RAM, change it from 4GB to 8GB, the price will still be within budget.
And upgrade the hard drive, iBUYPOWER is having a free upgrade for the hard drives on the Battalion right now to a 750 GB 7,200 RPM drive.