Column: Using forums to answer questions about Windows XP

New Column: Using forums to answer questions about Windows XP

Columnist Joli Ballew explains how to successfully search for solutions and
post questions in non-Microsoft discussion groups.

http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/using/helpandsupport/getstarted/ballew_forums.mspx

Ask questions or post comments about the article here.

Thanks,
--
Kathie Werner
Tech editor, vendor [MS]

    "Kathie Werner" wrote:

    > New Column: Using forums to answer questions about Windows XP
    >
    > Columnist Joli Ballew explains how to successfully search for solutions and
    > post questions in non-Microsoft discussion groups.
    > I have a certin amout of,Windows hotfix on my computor.Do i really need them, as thy are taking up space on my computer,and can i cancel them without doing any damage to my computer?
    > http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/using/helpandsupport/getstarted/ballew_forums.mspx
    >
    > Ask questions or post comments about the article here.

    > Thanks,
    > --
    > Kathie Werner
    > Tech editor, vendor [MS]

    I have a certin amout of,Windows hotfix on my computor.Do i really need them,
    as thy are taking up space on my computer,and can i cancel them without
    doing any damage to my computer?

    Joe, I do think you should leave all of the hotfixes in place, Hotfixes
    "fix" problems with Windows, such as security holes. If you want to delete
    stuff from your computer, try running Disk Cleanup, deleting old photos,
    music, movies, and documents, and uninstalling programs you don't use.

    Joli Ballew

    "JOE needs help." wrote:

    > "Kathie Werner" wrote:
    >
    > > New Column: Using forums to answer questions about Windows XP
    > >
    > > Columnist Joli Ballew explains how to successfully search for solutions and
    > > post questions in non-Microsoft discussion groups.
    > > I have a certin amout of,Windows hotfix on my computor.Do i really need them, as thy are taking up space on my computer,and can i cancel them without doing any damage to my computer?
    > > http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/using/helpandsupport/getstarted/ballew_forums.mspx
    > >
    > > Ask questions or post comments about the article here.

    > > Thanks,
    > > --
    > > Kathie Werner
    > > Tech editor, vendor [MS]

    hi kathie
    im new to this forum ,and i hope you can help.
    im trying to down load an old recommended update from 12march 2004 but i am
    getting nowhere or should i say being sent in circles the update is q327405 i
    can get the info on it but cant find anywhere to download it,its getting
    rather frustrating ive tried the download centre but it does not tell how to
    get it.
    hopr some one can help
    regards mark

    "Kathie Werner" wrote:

    > New Column: Using forums to answer questions about Windows XP
    >
    > Columnist Joli Ballew explains how to successfully search for solutions and
    > post questions in non-Microsoft discussion groups.
    >
    > http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/using/helpandsupport/getstarted/ballew_forums.mspx
    >
    > Ask questions or post comments about the article here.

    > Thanks,
    > --
    > Kathie Werner
    > Tech editor, vendor [MS]

    Kathie,
    I am comming up with errors that tell me i need to install a dictionary when
    I do a spell check on Word and in my email programs. How do i find the
    dictionary? I have a new laptop with XP and I am so confused on where to
    find this Dictionary
    thanks!
    ramy

    "Kathie Werner" wrote:

    > New Column: Using forums to answer questions about Windows XP
    >
    > Columnist Joli Ballew explains how to successfully search for solutions and
    > post questions in non-Microsoft discussion groups.
    >
    > http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/using/helpandsupport/getstarted/ballew_forums.mspx
    >
    > Ask questions or post comments about the article here.

    > Thanks,
    > --
    > Kathie Werner
    > Tech editor, vendor [MS]

    The dictionary that OE needs comes from Microsoft Office products. If you
    don't have Microsoft Office you won't have the dictionary OE needs to work
    properly. You can purchase any Office product, for instance, Microsoft Word,
    and you'll be good to go.

    Joli Ballew

    "Ramy" wrote:

    > Kathie,
    > I am comming up with errors that tell me i need to install a dictionary when
    > I do a spell check on Word and in my email programs. How do i find the
    > dictionary? I have a new laptop with XP and I am so confused on where to
    > find this Dictionary
    > thanks!
    > ramy
    >
    > "Kathie Werner" wrote:
    >
    > > New Column: Using forums to answer questions about Windows XP
    > >
    > > Columnist Joli Ballew explains how to successfully search for solutions and
    > > post questions in non-Microsoft discussion groups.
    > >
    > > http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/using/helpandsupport/getstarted/ballew_forums.mspx
    > >
    > > Ask questions or post comments about the article here.

    > > Thanks,
    > > --
    > > Kathie Werner
    > > Tech editor, vendor [MS]

    hello i have problem that when install yahoo messanger which version is above
    from 5.6..window xp sevis pack 2 give me error on it what i do

    "Kathie Werner" wrote:

    > New Column: Using forums to answer questions about Windows XP
    >
    > Columnist Joli Ballew explains how to successfully search for solutions and
    > post questions in non-Microsoft discussion groups.
    >
    > http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/using/helpandsupport/getstarted/ballew_forums.mspx
    >
    > Ask questions or post comments about the article here.

    > Thanks,
    > --
    > Kathie Werner
    > Tech editor, vendor [MS]

    The Yahoo news groups might be a better place to get an answer regarding this.

    Joli

    "Kathie Werner" wrote:

    > New Column: Using forums to answer questions about Windows XP
    >
    > Columnist Joli Ballew explains how to successfully search for solutions and
    > post questions in non-Microsoft discussion groups.
    >
    > http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/using/helpandsupport/getstarted/ballew_forums.mspx
    >
    > Ask questions or post comments about the article here.

    > Thanks,
    > --
    > Kathie Werner
    > Tech editor, vendor [MS]