Hard Drive Restore

I was wondering if anyone knew how to reset the hard drive to its orignal,
day 1, settings? Windows XP by the way.
3 answers Last reply
More about hard drive restore

    Boot to xp cd,recovery,press enter for password,then type:DiskPart,in
    DiskPart,
    delete the partition,then press Esc key.The hd is as it once was,raw.You
    could,
    back in DiskPart,after deleteing,create a partition,then Esc,then type:
    FORMAT C: FS/ntfs After it'll be clean with ntfs file system on it,ready
    to serve.
    When thru,type:EXIT

    "DWID" wrote:

    > I was wondering if anyone knew how to reset the hard drive to its orignal,
    > day 1, settings? Windows XP by the way.

    If you do as Andrew say you will have a hard drive with NOTHING on it. Is
    this what you want to do?

    Or do you mean that you want your COMPUTER to be the way it was when you
    bought it?

    --
    Regards,

    Richard Urban

    aka Crusty (-: Old B@stard :-)

    > Boot to xp cd,recovery,press enter for password,then type:DiskPart,in
    > DiskPart,
    > delete the partition,then press Esc key.The hd is as it once was,raw.You
    > could,
    > back in DiskPart,after deleteing,create a partition,then Esc,then type:
    > FORMAT C: FS/ntfs After it'll be clean with ntfs file system on it,ready
    > to serve.
    > When thru,type:EXIT
    >
    > "DWID" wrote:
    >
    >> I was wondering if anyone knew how to reset the hard drive to its
    >> orignal,
    >> day 1, settings? Windows XP by the way.

    Richard,

    Is there a way to get my computer back to the way it was when I bought it?
    I get tons of error messages, my computer freezes and shuts down on its own.
    I can't figure out how to correct the problems without removing everything on
    the hard drive. If you could help that would be great.

    Thanks,
    Sandy

    "Richard Urban" wrote:

    > If you do as Andrew say you will have a hard drive with NOTHING on it. Is
    > this what you want to do?
    >
    > Or do you mean that you want your COMPUTER to be the way it was when you
    > bought it?
    >
    > --
    > Regards,
    >
    > Richard Urban
    >
    > aka Crusty (-: Old B@stard :-)

    > "Andrew E." <eckrichco@msn.com> wrote in message
    > > Boot to xp cd,recovery,press enter for password,then type:DiskPart,in
    > > DiskPart,
    > > delete the partition,then press Esc key.The hd is as it once was,raw.You
    > > could,
    > > back in DiskPart,after deleteing,create a partition,then Esc,then type:
    > > FORMAT C: FS/ntfs After it'll be clean with ntfs file system on it,ready
    > > to serve.
    > > When thru,type:EXIT
    > >
    > > "DWID" wrote:
    > >
    > >> I was wondering if anyone knew how to reset the hard drive to its
    > >> orignal,
    > >> day 1, settings? Windows XP by the way.

Microsoft Support Hard Drives Windows XP