Your question

Holy hot Batman!! x800xt related....

Tags:
  • Graphics Cards
  • Sapphire
  • Graphics
Last response: in Graphics & Displays
September 27, 2004 1:58:30 AM

Man my Sapphire card it getting really hot!! Under it's normal clock setting 520/560 its getting almost 70 C. That's seems a bit high.....This is stock too, like I said no OC. I used the Omega 4.9 drivers to check the temp and stuff. I think this is the cause of my crashes.

Anyway any help is appreciated.

Athlon 64-fx 53, socket 939
K8N Neo 2 Platinum
Sapphire X800XT 256 meg
1 Gig OCZ PC 3200 Dual DDR Platinum Rev 2
Aquamark 69 280
Trying to figure out what it all does.

More about : holy hot batman x800xt related

a b U Graphics card
September 27, 2004 6:15:49 AM

The new cards all run pretty hot.

The GF6800 series typically runs around 85c.

This in an of itself shouldn't be causing the crashes, however the effect of the added heat in a poorly ventillated case may cause heat issue for other components, and even for the graphics card if the heat is allowed to build up.

- You need a licence to buy a gun, but they'll sell anyone a stamp <i>(or internet account)</i> ! - <font color=green>RED </font color=green> <font color=red> GREEN</font color=red> GA to SK :evil: 
September 27, 2004 6:17:58 AM

is that ideal temp or under load temp ?
Also what r u using to chk it ? try atleat 2 diff programs, maybe Atitool and Catalyst CC

<i> :tongue: <font color=blue>I don't suffer from insanity.</font color=blue><font color=red> I enjoy every minute of it.</font color=red> :tongue: </i>
<b>He who laughs last thinks slowest!</b>
Related resources
a b U Graphics card
September 27, 2004 7:26:56 AM

Actually RivaTuner does a good job of reading the sensors.

- You need a licence to buy a gun, but they'll sell anyone a stamp <i>(or internet account)</i> ! - <font color=green>RED </font color=green> <font color=red> GREEN</font color=red> GA to SK :evil: 
September 27, 2004 1:35:45 PM

I'm not sure what the ideal temp is, that why I was started about the 70C. I use the catalyst control center from the Omega driver just after I do a benchmark or play and extended period of games. I just got another crash while surfing the web though. Confused....time to take it to the service men.

Athlon 64-fx 53, socket 939
K8N Neo 2 Platinum
Sapphire X800XT 256 meg
1 Gig OCZ PC 3200 Dual DDR Platinum Rev 2
Aquamark 69 280
Trying to figure out what it all does.
!