Internet History

May 16, 2005 8:08:01 PM

my internet history is messing up my computer with all the sites on there. I
can delete most of the sites using internet properties but when i open
internet explorer and than search in history( a few sites are still there) i
would like to get rid of them! how do i do this? HELP i was already on the
dell forums but that was not helpful at all

More about : internet history

Anonymous
May 16, 2005 11:50:25 PM

At the top
Tools
Internet Options
clear History
maybe adjust the time to keep History on file at the same time.
peterk

safely in an attractive and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in
sideways, chocolate in one hand, margarita in the other, body thoroughly
used up, totally worn out and screaming, "WOO HOO what a ride!"
news:D C0BBC87-9E9E-4AA3-88BC-32E4C130F810@microsoft.com...
> my internet history is messing up my computer with all the sites on there.
> can delete most of the sites using internet properties but when i open
> internet explorer and than search in history( a few sites are still there)
> would like to get rid of them! how do i do this? HELP i was already on the
> dell forums but that was not helpful at all
Anonymous
May 17, 2005 10:30:28 PM

Delete the History folder and index.dat:
http://www.mvps.org/winhelp2002/delcache.htm
--
Ramesh, Microsoft MVP
Windows XP Shell/User