How to copy old hard drive to new hard drive?

How would I be able to copy my current 20GB hard drive to my new 60GB hard
drive without having to reinstall Windows?

"RicanBeans" <RicanBeans@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>How would I be able to copy my current 20GB hard drive to my new 60GB hard
>drive without having to reinstall Windows?

Your new hard drive may come with a disk or CD with some utilities on
it. If so that will normally include a drive copying utility. And if
not then you can download a free utility from the hard drive
manufacturer's website.

Note that the utilities provided by the hard drive manufacturer's
generally require that at least one of the drives be their brand. So
if, for example, your old drive is a Seagate and your new drive is a
Maxtor then Western Digital's disk copying utility will not work, but
one from Seagate or Maxtor will.

Good luck

Ron Martell Duncan B.C. Canada
--