XP Home will not boot on new hard drive

I have copied the contents of my 40 g hard drive to a newly formatted 120 g
hard drive using the disk copy function in Ghost v9.0. I then disconnected
the 40 g hard drive and set the pin on the 120 g as master. When I start up
XP appears to be booting up but then stops with the blue bordered screen with
the XP logo on it. I have tried putting my XP Home edition CD in the cd
drive while starting but get the same result. I spoke to Microsoft Support
but they told me that I should speak to Norton. That does not appear to be
an option. Any help appreciated.
2 answers Last reply
More about home boot hard drive

    Carey Frisch
    Microsoft MVP
    Windows XP - Shell/User
    Microsoft Newsgroups

    http://www.microsoft.com/athom­e/security/protect/windowsxp/c­hoose.mspx

    ------------------------------­------------------------------­------------------------------­-

    "tonyb" wrote:

    | I have copied the contents of my 40 g hard drive to a newly formatted 120 g
    | hard drive using the disk copy function in Ghost v9.0. I then disconnected
    | the 40 g hard drive and set the pin on the 120 g as master. When I start up
    | XP appears to be booting up but then stops with the blue bordered screen with
    | the XP logo on it. I have tried putting my XP Home edition CD in the cd
    | drive while starting but get the same result. I spoke to Microsoft Support
    | but they told me that I should speak to Norton. That does not appear to be
    | an option. Any help appreciated.

    Hi Carey,
    I guess that you are telling me that I must do the XP Repair Install? I
    wish there was some other way around it.
    Thanks for your help.

    "Carey Frisch [MVP]" wrote:

    > How to Perform a Windows XP Repair Install

    > Carey Frisch
    > Microsoft MVP
    > Windows XP - Shell/User
    > Microsoft Newsgroups

    > http://www.microsoft.com/athom­e/security/protect/windowsxp/c­hoose.mspx
    >
    > ------------------------------­------------------------------­------------------------------­-
    >
    > "tonyb" wrote:
    >
    > | I have copied the contents of my 40 g hard drive to a newly formatted 120 g
    > | hard drive using the disk copy function in Ghost v9.0. I then disconnected
    > | the 40 g hard drive and set the pin on the 120 g as master. When I start up
    > | XP appears to be booting up but then stops with the blue bordered screen with
    > | the XP logo on it. I have tried putting my XP Home edition CD in the cd
    > | drive while starting but get the same result. I spoke to Microsoft Support
    > | but they told me that I should speak to Norton. That does not appear to be
    > | an option. Any help appreciated.

Windows XP Microsoft Hard Drives