media player won't burn cd

My windows media player will not burn cd's. It gets all the way to the end
of the process then error comes up that it cannot burn onto the cd I am
using. It says try a different brand ( which I have tried almost ALL) & burn
at slower speed (which I have tried even the lowest speed). Neither works.
It did burn a couple at first - this is a brand new computer with windows
media already installed - now I'm at my wits end. Please help.
Thanks so much
1 answer Last reply
More about media player burn

    Hi,

    See if the steps in these articles help:

    Err Msg: CD Recording Software Will Cause Windows... [Q315345]
    http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=315345

    How to troubleshoot issues that occur when you write data to a CD-R or CD-RW
    Optical Disc in Windows XP
    http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=324129

    --
    Best of Luck,

    http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
    www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone
    Windows help - www.rickrogers.org

    "Kimrose" <Kimrose@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > My windows media player will not burn cd's. It gets all the way to the
    > end
    > of the process then error comes up that it cannot burn onto the cd I am
    > using. It says try a different brand ( which I have tried almost ALL) &
    > burn
    > at slower speed (which I have tried even the lowest speed). Neither
    > works.
    > It did burn a couple at first - this is a brand new computer with windows
    > media already installed - now I'm at my wits end. Please help.
    > Thanks so much

Burner CD-Rom Media Player Windows XP