LEXPPS.EXE trying to act as server

I installed ZoneAlarm firewall yesterday and the 1st alert I got was
(LEXPPS.EXE trying to act as server) I blocked it. I have a Lexmark
printer,scanner,fax combo.
Could someone tell me if this is something to worry about?
Thanks alot for any help you can offer.
--
Fox

Hi there,

I have a Lexmark Z55 here and also Zonealarm.
I have let lexpps through the firewall and have had no problems.
God knows what it does but no nasties here.

"fox12" <fox12@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I installed ZoneAlarm firewall yesterday and the 1st alert I got was
> (LEXPPS.EXE trying to act as server) I blocked it. I have a Lexmark
> printer,scanner,fax combo.
> Could someone tell me if this is something to worry about?
> Thanks alot for any help you can offer.
> --
> Fox

Hi, thanks . I'm still blocking it. Doesn't seem to bother the way the
printer works.
--
Fox

"C&S-M" wrote:

> Hi there,
>
> I have a Lexmark Z55 here and also Zonealarm.
> I have let lexpps through the firewall and have had no problems.
> God knows what it does but no nasties here.
>
> "fox12" <fox12@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >I installed ZoneAlarm firewall yesterday and the 1st alert I got was
> > (LEXPPS.EXE trying to act as server) I blocked it. I have a Lexmark
> > printer,scanner,fax combo.
> > Could someone tell me if this is something to worry about?
> > Thanks alot for any help you can offer.
> > --
> > Fox

TRENDING THREADS