400 in 1 Jamma arcade PCB

There was such a great response when I asked about the 39-in-1 JAMMA
boards, I thought that I would ask about the 400-in-1 JAMMA boards.

They appear to be nothing more than MAME, except you can just plug and
play in your JAMMA cabinet. They are pricey!!

Anybody have one of these?

Here's a link to one on eBay right now:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=3945&item=6182448626&rd=1

Anybody even seen one up close?

What's the good, the bad and the ugly?

Just checking.
-Tim

Im just suprised no one has gone after a pci to jamma card adaptor so
far.

*shrug*

-isaac

check with hsinpao. I can't remember the cost, but far less than what
they are on ebay. They have 400 games, but only a handful worth
playing, and the rest were released elsewhere. Oh, and they are mostly
fighting games. Not to hard to believe that they were able to find that
many fighting games...

I have the prior version which is a 300-1 from hsin pao as stated below
inside a 25" dynamo cab. No classic games, mostly 90's jamma, capcom
and Neo Geo. My nephews dig it and I think the menu system is
convenient. Yes, they are pricey, but I got it in trade so there was no
real cash out of my own pocket. I think it's a decent keeper/filler
game and keeps the younger kids entertained.

L.

I'd have a hard time finding 40 games on there that I'd play more than once

"mudmantim" <mudmantim@gmail.com> wrote in message
> There was such a great response when I asked about the 39-in-1 JAMMA
> boards, I thought that I would ask about the 400-in-1 JAMMA boards.
>
> They appear to be nothing more than MAME, except you can just plug and
> play in your JAMMA cabinet. They are pricey!!
>
> Anybody have one of these?
>
> Here's a link to one on eBay right now:
> http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=3945&item=6182448626&rd=1
>

> Anybody even seen one up close?
>
> What's the good, the bad and the ugly?
>
> Just checking.
> -Tim

Well, I just noticed this in the description:

*** Please note that I have removed all the ROMs from this Gamebox in
accordance with Ebay rules. The buyer will need to resupply these.***

I was told that it was nothing more than a PC running MAME, I guess
without the ROM's it sure is.

It, at least, looks more impressive than a computer sitting in the back
of your cabinet.

Thanks for the input.
-Tim

I've had the chance to check out a few of these in the past. They are infact
a Baby ATX board with a JAMMA interface board usually GLUED in place. The
video, controls and sound are all routed from the MoBo to this interface
board via small pigtails. You also have to toss in an ATX power supply to
provide power. Oh, the hard drive is a 2.5" laptop drive.

The emulation is MAME and I think the front-end is similar to the one on
arcade@home's site.

The game selection is pretty boring unless you like fighting games.

Matt

"mudmantim" <mudmantim@gmail.com> wrote in message
> There was such a great response when I asked about the 39-in-1 JAMMA
> boards, I thought that I would ask about the 400-in-1 JAMMA boards.
>
> They appear to be nothing more than MAME, except you can just plug and
> play in your JAMMA cabinet. They are pricey!!
>
> Anybody have one of these?
>
> Here's a link to one on eBay right now:
> http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=3945&item=6182448626&rd=1
>

> Anybody even seen one up close?