Basically it is coming down to a decision between the dedicated graphics card or the 6gb of ram. I was wondering which one would be faster and if anyone had any input to help me out. This laptop will be used for basic day to day activities including a lot of music and streaming video through the HDMI to a tv.
Also, if you have a better contender, please let me know
1. What is your budget?
2. What is the size of the notebook that you are considering?
3. What screen resolution do you want?
4. Do you need a portable or desktop replacement laptop?
As desktop replacement as possible
5. How much battery life do you need?
Not an issue
6. Do you want to play games with your laptop? If so then please list the games that you want to with the settings that you want for these games. (Low,Medium or High)?
7. What other tasks do you want to do with your laptop? (Photo/Video editing, Etc.)
Music, web surfing and streaming to tv thru HDMI
8. How much storage (Hard Drive capacity) do you need?
9. If you are considering specific sites to buy from, please post their links.
tiger direct or newegg
10. How long do you want to keep your laptop?
Until it dies hopefully 3+ years
11. What kind of Optical drive do you need? DVD ROM/Writer,Bluray ROM/Writer,Etc ?
12. Please tell us about the brands that you prefer to buy from them and the brands that you don't like and explain the reasons.
No preference but I won't buy HP
13. What country do you live in?
Thanks for the help!
From a longevity standpoint, go with the laptop with the dedicated video card. You can upgrade the RAM yourself later pretty easily, but you can't just add a video card to laptops like you can desktops.