remote desktop-more than one connection to a computer

Hello
I want to have more than one person simultaneously use a computer running
WinXP.
How can i get more than one connection?
The local computer screen locks when a administrator is connected
remotely...
Thanks
P.K.
2 answers Last reply
More about remote desktop more connection computer

    Hi,

    No, that's a server function. XP is a one-user system. There was a hack that
    worked during the SP2 beta, but that was blocked.

    --
    Best of Luck,

    http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
    www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone
    Windows help - www.rickrogers.org

    "Petr Katovsky" <petr.katovsky@smb.cz> wrote in message
    > Hello
    > I want to have more than one person simultaneously use a computer running
    > WinXP.
    > How can i get more than one connection?
    > The local computer screen locks when a administrator is connected
    > remotely...
    > Thanks
    > P.K.

    Thanks but it works with SP2
    I found this:
    http://sig9.com/articles/concurrent-remote-desktop

    P.K.

    > Hi,
    >
    > No, that's a server function. XP is a one-user system. There was a hack
    > that worked during the SP2 beta, but that was blocked.
    >
    > --
    > Best of Luck,

    > http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
    > Windows help - www.rickrogers.org
    >
    > "Petr Katovsky" <petr.katovsky@smb.cz> wrote in message
    >> Hello
    >> I want to have more than one person simultaneously use a computer running
    >> WinXP.
    >> How can i get more than one connection?
    >> The local computer screen locks when a administrator is connected
    >> remotely...
    >> Thanks
    >> P.K.

Remote Desktop Connection Computers Microsoft Windows XP