Driver IRQL Not Less or Equal

Adam

Hi

Running WinXP Professional on a desktop PC. DSL connection. Whenever I start
IE 6.0 SP2, I get a blue screen with the Driver IRQL error. Does not matter
which Website I am surfing: after a page loads, 5-10 seconds letter the BSOD
appears. If I unplug the DSL cable, the computer and all its programs work
fine. No new hardware installed.

Thanks.

Hi

Please try the following link to Jim Eshelman's web site - left hand
column(D1):

http://aumha.org/win5/kbestop.htm

--

Will Denny
MS-MVP Windows Shell/User

"adam" <adam@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi
>
> Running WinXP Professional on a desktop PC. DSL connection. Whenever I
> start
> IE 6.0 SP2, I get a blue screen with the Driver IRQL error. Does not
> matter
> which Website I am surfing: after a page loads, 5-10 seconds letter the
> BSOD
> appears. If I unplug the DSL cable, the computer and all its programs work
> fine. No new hardware installed.
>
> Thanks.

Adam

Hi Will:

Yes, I looked at these articles, as well as the MS site. I cannot find an
answer to the very specific event that I experience, which is the IRQL error
when loading a Webpage. "Starting WIndows", "Stopping Windows", etc. are
likewise events, but none pertain to my situation. I thought it would be an
easy GOOGLE search but no such luck yet.

Adam
"Will Denny" wrote:

> Hi
>
> Please try the following link to Jim Eshelman's web site - left hand
> column(D1):
>
> http://aumha.org/win5/kbestop.htm
>

> --
>
> Will Denny
> MS-MVP Windows Shell/User
> Please reply to the News Groups
>

> "adam" <adam@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Hi
> >
> > Running WinXP Professional on a desktop PC. DSL connection. Whenever I
> > start
> > IE 6.0 SP2, I get a blue screen with the Driver IRQL error. Does not
> > matter
> > which Website I am surfing: after a page loads, 5-10 seconds letter the
> > BSOD
> > appears. If I unplug the DSL cable, the computer and all its programs work
> > fine. No new hardware installed.
> >
> > Thanks.

Looks like a driver problem. Have you updated the device drivers for the
modem? If that does not help, generate the crash dump and show it to an
expert

Basic Blue Screen Troubleshooting
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=/servicedesks/webcasts/wc072001/WCT072001.asp

--