Multiple Highlighted Files Open Problem

dennis

Distinguished
Jun 12, 2003

If I highlight 2 or more csv files and click on the right mouse button and
choose open then for each of the files I've highlighted a window entitled "Move
Items" with my directory inside opens. I then click the cancel button of the
window. Next a window opens with a "Copy Items" title . I then click the
window cancel button and the 1st csv file loads into Excel. This process is
repeated for each of the highlighted csv files.

When I just double click a single csv file it loads into Excel without a
problem.

Same problem happens with Word "Doc" Files

How can I get the "Move Items" and "Copy Items" windows to stop popping up when
I try to open multiple csv files?

Thanks for any help with this problem..

The Old New Thing : What goes wrong when you add "Copy To" to the context
menu:
http://blogs.msdn.com/oldnewthing/archive/2004/02/02/66160.aspx

--
Ramesh, Microsoft MVP
Windows XP Shell/User

<Dennis@NoSpam.com> wrote in message
> If I highlight 2 or more csv files and click on the right mouse button and
> choose open then for each of the files I've highlighted a window entitled
> "Move
> Items" with my directory inside opens. I then click the cancel button of
> the
> window. Next a window opens with a "Copy Items" title . I then click the
> window cancel button and the 1st csv file loads into Excel. This process
> is
> repeated for each of the highlighted csv files.
>
> When I just double click a single csv file it loads into Excel without a
> problem.
>
> Same problem happens with Word "Doc" Files
>
> How can I get the "Move Items" and "Copy Items" windows to stop popping up
> when
> I try to open multiple csv files?
>

> Thanks for any help with this problem..

dennis

Distinguished
Jun 12, 2003

Thanks for the URL. I have the "Copy To Folder" and "Move To Folder" on my
context right click menu. How do I get rid of them?

Thanks.

"Ramesh, MS-MVP" <ramesh@online.mvps.org> wrote:

>The Old New Thing : What goes wrong when you add "Copy To" to the context
>menu:
>http://blogs.msdn.com/oldnewthing/archive/2004/02/02/66160.aspx

Open Regedit.exe and navigate to:

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\AllFilesystemObjects\shellex\ContextMenuHandlers]

Backup the above key. Delete the two items below:

{C2FBB630-2971-11d1-A18C-00C04FD75D13}
{C2FBB631-2971-11d1-A18C-00C04FD75D13}

{C2FBB630-2971-11d1-A18C-00C04FD75D13} for Microsoft CopyTo Service
{C2FBB631-2971-11d1-A18C-00C04FD75D13} for Microsoft MoveTo Service