Next summer I'm going to begin studying digital design at Aarhus University. As I currently have a ~8" MSI notebook I figure I'm gonna need a new laptop. I have a good desktop but I have to have one to bring to school. I'm already looking because I have some vacations up ahead where I might find the one I want cheaper than here in Denmark so I want to know, or at least have an idea, of what I need and what I should buy.
1. What is your budget?
10.000DKK or 1051,39£
2. What is the size of the notebook that you are considering?
3. What screen resolution do you want?
Not sure, as high as possible
4. Do you need a portable or desktop replacement laptop?
5. How much battery life do you need?
Not important but at least 2 hours
6. Do you want to play games with your laptop? If so then please list the games that you want to with the settings that you want for these games. (Low,Medium or High)?
7. What other tasks do you want to do with your laptop? (Photo/Video editing, Etc.)
Photo and video editing, graphics work, website design, some animation and 3D.
8. How much storage (Hard Drive capacity) do you need?
As I can always buy an external harddisk this isn't important but it would be nice with at least 250 gb
9. If you are considering specific sites to buy from, please post their links.
10. How long do you want to keep your laptop?
At least the 3 years my bachelor will take
11. What kind of Optical drive do you need? DVD ROM/Writer,Bluray ROM/Writer,Etc ?
It's not essential as I do have an external dvd drive but it would be nice with dvd drive and writer.
12. Please tell us about the brands that you prefer to buy from them and the brands that you don't like and explain the reasons.
I have no brands I like more or less than others, my MSI is my first laptop and I usually build my desktop from scratch.