TECH: Daytona Twin link problem HELP!

Andy

So I have a Daytona Twin USA machine. It has always worked flawlessly but
now here is what is going awry:

Start a two player game, and let a fair amount of distance separate each
player - at some point, if the right seat is in front, the map and
everything seems accurate. BUT, the left unit seems to appear to "forget"
that it is participating in a linked race. The marquee is flashing RACE
LEADER for both players. What is even worse, is at the end of the race, it
will say both players finished first.

I am going to start with the re-seating of the cables but I suspect there is
something more to the problem than something that simple. Plus, sometimes,
you can race one time and the problem doesn't happen. I am not sure if the
problem appears more if there is a significant distance between the two
current racers (ie, a player pits) or not. I am suspecting that some link
related hardware needs to be tested and/or repaired.

This is not my realm of specialty. Any advice or suggestions as to where to
start would be most appreciated.

Thanks in advance!

Andy
www.charlottepinball.com/andy.htm

andy@NOSPAMcharlottepinball.com

Please remove NOSPAM to reply directly to me.

I had a problem where you would only see the sky floating around on one of
the screens. I had to send the boards in about 4 times until they found a
problem on one of the link chips. The lesson learned was to send in all off
the boards from both sets. If you can't isolate it by swapping boards
between two pairs or the one pair send in all of the boards and make sure
they link the two sets up.