SQL error message when starting up, but no SQL has been in..

Robert

The following message pops up when starting the computer:

"SQL server installation is either corrupt or has been tampered with (
unknown package id ) Please uninstall then rerun setup to correct this
problem."

This computer has Windows XP Home Edition (fully updated) and MS Office
Small Business 2003. As far as I know, no SQL server has been installed on
this computer.

I would appreciate any ideas on what may be happening.

Thanks, Robert

I too have just encountered this same issue and require some solutions. So
far have not been able to find a solution for a fix. Running XP Pro and 2003
Office w/Business Contact Manager..............which is no longer running for
some reason. Could someone shed some light on how to fix the SQL issue?
Thank you.
--
Luke