Access point

Joe

Hello, I have a laptop with 80211g and have not been able to access any
hotspots. Being a newbie to this I can get a connection signal but when I
open IE 6 it says no connection.
I recently traveled to a hotel that had internet access with STSN and
connected but got same result.
What am I missing?

--
Joe
burnside42@BBBprodigy.netYYY

Have you set your Internet connection Wizard to never dial and connect using
LAN connection instead ?
Martin

Ron

You also might want to go into your Wireless Connection, go to your TCP/IP
settings and make sure everything is set to obtain an IP address
Automatically.

Ron

"Joe" <Groveman@prodigy.net> wrote in message
> Hello, I have a laptop with 80211g and have not been able to access any
> hotspots. Being a newbie to this I can get a connection signal but when I
> open IE 6 it says no connection.
> I recently traveled to a hotel that had internet access with STSN and
> connected but got same result.
> What am I missing?
>
> --
> Joe
> burnside42@BBBprodigy.netYYY
> remove BBB YYY

Joe

I did that but then the linksys signals that I received saying connected now
say not connected.
What could that mean?