G07 tubes (how to find them)

i know that you can find tubes in older 80'S tv's

but which tv's should i be looking for?

any help would be great.

tia
frank

I think it's the RCA brand with woodgrain sides.

-Tim

Frank,

I've read you should look for American brands with the same number of pins.

Mark Hooks
<docfrankie@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>i know that you can find tubes in older 80'S tv's
>
> but which tv's should i be looking for?
>
> any help would be great.
>
> tia
> frank

I found an exact replacement for a G07 in a mid-80s set of Asian
manufacture.. It was a "Spectracon" Tv or something like that, I think
that was a K-Mart brand. Anyway, it had the same exact Philips tube
and worked like a charm.

I've found Sears, J.C. Penney's and RCA tvs seem to be the right
impedance etc for a G07. Just stay away from my garage sales. The
beautiful woodgrain sides of those tv's seem to be a good indicator but
absolutely no guarantee.

I'm starting to see these tvs dry up at local yard sales.

Pat D.