Sign in with
Your question

Logon failed

Last response: in Windows 7
June 30, 2010 5:21:23 AM

Hi everyone
I have Win7 64 bit enterprise and when i typed my password to logon the window said THE USER PROFILE SERVICE SERVICE FAILED THE LOGON, USER PROFILE CANNOT BE LOADEED and logoff.
Please help me. Thanks a lot.

More about : logon failed

a b $ Windows 7
June 30, 2010 6:35:08 AM

tinti said:
Hi everyone
I have Win7 64 bit enterprise and when i typed my password to logon the window said THE USER PROFILE SERVICE SERVICE FAILED THE LOGON, USER PROFILE CANNOT BE LOADEED and logoff.
Please help me. Thanks a lot.

[#0005ff]Are any othe rusers able to log on? This could be the result of a malware attack and you need to be able to access teh Registry to put it right. Sometime it only affects one login but if someone can get in, they can enable th eAdministrator account and make a repair possible. If you have your Windows 7 DVD, or you made one when prompted, run that and click on Repair Startup.[/#000ff]
m
l
June 30, 2010 4:37:49 PM

Hi Saga
There is only my account . I have the Win7 dvd, i'll try it today. Thanks.
m
l
Related resources
July 1, 2010 5:24:52 AM

Hi Saga
I did try Startup Repair but still have the same problem. Do you have another advice? Thanks.
m
l
a b $ Windows 7
July 1, 2010 6:26:26 AM

tinti said:
Hi Saga
I did try Startup Repair but still have the same problem. Do you have another advice? Thanks.

[#0005ff]This gets complicated now because you need to amend your Registry to put the Winlogon entries straight and remote access to the Registry is not the stuff of day to day computer users. There is software which makes it possible but I haven't seen it used in Window 7 so I'm reluctant to post on the subject. Hopefully a poster with direct experience of it will post - I've done this in XP by slaving the hard disk to another computer but so far, not in W7.

Did you try Safe Mode and could you see Administrator as a log in option? If not, try it now by starting up and tapping Fnction 8 then select Safe Mode.
[/#000ff]
m
l
Anonymous
a b $ Windows 7
July 1, 2010 11:55:47 AM

http://www.vistax64.com/tutorials/130095-user-profile-s...

This is not an easy fix..

Before trying this, have you done a system restore to an earlier point in time, this may repair your broken user account.

i have resolved this problem before, but it is not a straight forward resolution!

Startup Repair is not going to fix this, its not a windows startup problem, but a user account problem.

Can you get into safe mode? If so, can you create a new user? and if so, then follow the instructions for option 1, otherwise for option 2.

best and Best of luck, if you get it right, you will certainly have achieved a great deal of learning and congrats.
m
l
July 3, 2010 11:04:12 PM

How do you get to safe mode. I've tried system restore but it was fail because the Win missing file. Do i need to reinstal full Win 7. Thanks
m
l
a b $ Windows 7
July 4, 2010 6:17:48 AM

tinti said:
How do you get to safe mode. I've tried system restore but it was fail because the Win missing file. Do i need to reinstal full Win 7. Thanks

[#0005ff]You find Safe Mode by starting up and tapping Function 8 to see the Advanced Boot menu but ujnless the Administrator account has been enabled, it won't show on the welcome screen and all you will see is your own login which we already know to be flawed.

It seems you wll need to reinstall but if you want to rescue your files first, you could download, burn and run a LiveCD of a Linux distribution - PCLinuxOS is a good one and it's free from http://www.pclinuxos.com. It runs without impacting on the hard disk but will allow you access to it so you can go into C:\Users\{yourname}\Documents and retrieve everything you need.

Post back for further details on getting Outlook or WLM folders back if you decide to go down this router.
[/#000ff]
m
l
July 7, 2010 4:16:12 AM

I was able to login to Safe Mode but unable to create new account. Is there another way to create the new account? Thanks for supporting my problem so far.
m
l
!