I would like to re format my c: however I was never given the disks to do so.
Does anyone have a sugestion of how to do this? It is a Dell computer.

Did you not receive a Dell Reinstallation CD with your Dell PC?
You'll need it in order to reinstall Windows XP after formatting
your hard drive. Your Dell User's Guide should provide detailed
instructions.

Clean Install Windows XP

Carey Frisch
Microsoft MVP
Windows XP - Shell/User
Microsoft Newsgroups

"Kristin" wrote:

| I would like to re format my c: however I was never given the disks to do so.
| Does anyone have a sugestion of how to do this? It is a Dell computer.

After you have formatted what are you going to do?
Have you got install media?

If your using Dell Recovery CD then formatting is not really an issue as I
suspect it will do this automatically.
If you have a real XP cd then you can boot from it and format during setup.

Regards
Mark Dormer

"Kristin" <Kristin@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I would like to re format my c: however I was never given the disks to do
>so.
> Does anyone have a sugestion of how to do this? It is a Dell computer.

I did not get a recovery CD or windows CD I have no CD . System recovery
will only let me go back to April 2005. I got this computer 2 years ago. Is
there a way to reset the computer back to the way I got it without a CD?

"Kristin" wrote:

> I would like to re format my c: however I was never given the disks to do so.
> Does anyone have a sugestion of how to do this? It is a Dell computer.

In order to repair or reinstall the Windows XP operating system,
you'll need your Windows XP CD. If Windows XP came already
installed on your Dell computer, then you'll have to give Dell support
a telephone call and order a new Dell Reinstallation CD for Windows XP.

Welcome to Dell Support
http://support.dell.com/home.aspx

--
Carey Frisch