DWL-G650 PCMCIA after suspend mode

Hi,

I use a DWL-G650 wireless PCMCIA with my D-Link DI-624 wireless
Router.

I find that the notebook that uses the DWL-G650 can't reconnect to the
network after it wakes from suspended mode.

Once I reboot then its ok. But a drag to keep on doing!

Any ideas why the notebook can't connect to the wireless router after
it wakes from suspended mode?

Any help will be great

Shakil Mian

"Shakil Mian" <shakilmian@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> I use a DWL-G650 wireless PCMCIA with my D-Link DI-624 wireless
> Router.
>
> I find that the notebook that uses the DWL-G650 can't reconnect to the
> network after it wakes from suspended mode.
>
> Once I reboot then its ok. But a drag to keep on doing!
>
> Any ideas why the notebook can't connect to the wireless router after
> it wakes from suspended mode?
>
> Any help will be great
>
> Shakil Mian

Hi

Occasionally have a similar thing, and rather than a reboot, I find that
simply disabling the network connection and re-enabling it again works fine
and saves reboot.

Regards

Philip

Dont know if this is related, but I lost 2 G630's when Suspend mode was activated. Totally dead, no recovery. Im working on a
Netgear card now, looks promising.

Cheers
"Shakil Mian" <shakilmian@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:692d57c2.0404051602.365350a3@posting.google.com...
> Hi,
>
> I use a DWL-G650 wireless PCMCIA with my D-Link DI-624 wireless
> Router.
>
> I find that the notebook that uses the DWL-G650 can't reconnect to the
> network after it wakes from suspended mode.
>
> Once I reboot then its ok. But a drag to keep on doing!
>
> Any ideas why the notebook can't connect to the wireless router after
> it wakes from suspended mode?
>
> Any help will be great
>
> Shakil Mian

No my pcmcia units are in ok condition when the notepad wakes up it
just fails to get a valid ip address from the router.

I'll try Philip's advice by disabling and re-enabling the pcmcia card.

Regards,
Shakil Mian

"Martin Riddle" <martinriddle@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:<gi0dc.776$zj3.243@newsread3.news.atl.earthlink.net>...
> Dont know if this is related, but I lost 2 G630's when Suspend mode was activated. Totally dead, no recovery. Im working on a
> Netgear card now, looks promising.
>
> Cheers
> "Shakil Mian" <shakilmian@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:692d57c2.0404051602.365350a3@posting.google.com...
> > Hi,
> >
> > I use a DWL-G650 wireless PCMCIA with my D-Link DI-624 wireless
> > Router.
> >
> > I find that the notebook that uses the DWL-G650 can't reconnect to the
> > network after it wakes from suspended mode.
> >
> > Once I reboot then its ok. But a drag to keep on doing!
> >
> > Any ideas why the notebook can't connect to the wireless router after
> > it wakes from suspended mode?
> >
> > Any help will be great
> >
> > Shakil Mian

I have the same router and card and problems. Problems appear fixed after
disabling DHCP and going with static TCP/IP, enabling DNS relay on the
router so I can use the router's address for dns address in client setup and
running Wireless Zero Admin service in XP and using XP to configure the card
with fast reconnect enabled, but still run the d-link utility in the system
tray. And do not use the new driver for the card. Downgrade one level to
ver 2.42 which d-link told me to do and it works better.

Now WPA-PSK works, the session never loses the IP address, and it reconnects
after standby or hibernation. This seems to be a great hardware setup from
D-Link but with quirky drivers. Good luck.

> No my pcmcia units are in ok condition when the notepad wakes up it
> just fails to get a valid ip address from the router.
>
> I'll try Philip's advice by disabling and re-enabling the pcmcia card.
>
> Regards,
> Shakil Mian
>
> "Martin Riddle" <martinriddle@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> > Dont know if this is related, but I lost 2 G630's when Suspend mode was
activated. Totally dead, no recovery. Im working on a
> > Netgear card now, looks promising.
> >
> > Cheers
> > "Shakil Mian" <shakilmian@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> > > Hi,
> > >
> > > I use a DWL-G650 wireless PCMCIA with my D-Link DI-624 wireless
> > > Router.
> > >
> > > I find that the notebook that uses the DWL-G650 can't reconnect to the
> > > network after it wakes from suspended mode.
> > >
> > > Once I reboot then its ok. But a drag to keep on doing!
> > >
> > > Any ideas why the notebook can't connect to the wireless router after
> > > it wakes from suspended mode?
> > >
> > > Any help will be great
> > >
> > > Shakil Mian

Ah Ha! Losing ip addresses after wakeup. Now you know why it is necessary
to use static TCP/IP instead of using DHCP if you don't want to
disable/enable the card as often which should also work but might be
inconvenient. As before, good luck.