How to choose a good laptop for Software development purposes

Status
Not open for further replies.

thabotharshan

Honorable
Aug 17, 2012
Hi i am developing softwares on my desktop PC.I have decided to buy a new laptop for same purpose .I have a big confusion on selecting a laptop.I am considering Processor speed,RAM Speed,hard disk,durability of laptop,Battery life and low heat.I am normally a guy always trying to new features of new technologies i .For an example i always Compile new programming languages features,new frameworks,new SDK and etc.I am not a program language specific guy.I am regularly doing C++,C,Java and C# . These days i am checking Microsoft Robotic studio and Android based mobile development.One more important think is i like to use Dual OS on my laptop (Ubundu and Widows 7)These are my general works on a computer.Can any one suggest following things to me

My budget is 1000$ Can any one Suggest 10 recommended laptops i can buy for my requirement?

What are other recommended features i should concern on buying a new laptop for my requirements?

I searched every where on Google but i couldn't get a proper decision.I am expecting great suggestions from C Nent users.One more think is I cant go Mac book because i don't have enough budget to buy that.

Thanks for Advance

When looking on a laptop for SW Development, do you want it to be desktop replacement? That is, if you have good monitor, keyboard, mouse, then look at laptop with best CPU / RAM / HDD in your budget.

If you intend to use the laptop as a portable, then look for a laptop with good screen, then lot of RAM, then lot of HDD, then good CPU.

For $1000 (US), I would go with some Dell XPS 14/15, or a brand that has good support in your country.

Status
Not open for further replies.