CD-ROM Drive is Corrupt!

May 18, 2005 1:27:41 PM

my CD-Rom Driver is Corrupt and I'm needing to Re-installing windows XP into
my computer but I can't do that until I have the CD-Rom Drive working, the
CD-Rom Drive that I have on my laptop is a Samsung , but now because it is
Corrupt it has changed the name it Samqulg CDRU/ DVD QN-304@ if anybody
knows what I can do to get my drive working again. thanks?

More about : rom drive corrupt

Anonymous
May 18, 2005 2:35:13 PM

right click on the cd-rom icon, selcet preferences. Uninstall, on the next
startup windows will find the right preferences for your cd-rom
--
---------------------------------------
http://www.fast-rewind.com

"Krystal" wrote:

> my CD-Rom Driver is Corrupt and I'm needing to Re-installing windows XP into
> my computer but I can't do that until I have the CD-Rom Drive working, the
> CD-Rom Drive that I have on my laptop is a Samsung , but now because it is
> Corrupt it has changed the name it Samqulg CDRU/ DVD QN-304@ if anybody
> knows what I can do to get my drive working again. thanks?
May 18, 2005 5:05:21 PM

If in fact the driver is OK and the hardware is 'broken' go out and buy a
replacement unit. The of of a CD ROM is now < US$20.

!