CD-ROM Drive is Corrupt!

my CD-Rom Driver is Corrupt and I'm needing to Re-installing windows XP into
my computer but I can't do that until I have the CD-Rom Drive working, the
CD-Rom Drive that I have on my laptop is a Samsung , but now because it is
Corrupt it has changed the name it Samqulg CDRU/ DVD QN-304@ if anybody
knows what I can do to get my drive working again. thanks?
2 answers Last reply
More about drive corrupt

    right click on the cd-rom icon, selcet preferences. Uninstall, on the next
    startup windows will find the right preferences for your cd-rom
    --
    ---------------------------------------
    http://www.fast-rewind.com

    "Krystal" wrote:

    > my CD-Rom Driver is Corrupt and I'm needing to Re-installing windows XP into
    > my computer but I can't do that until I have the CD-Rom Drive working, the
    > CD-Rom Drive that I have on my laptop is a Samsung , but now because it is
    > Corrupt it has changed the name it Samqulg CDRU/ DVD QN-304@ if anybody
    > knows what I can do to get my drive working again. thanks?

    If in fact the driver is OK and the hardware is 'broken' go out and buy a
    replacement unit. The of of a CD ROM is now < US$20.

    "Nicoliani â„¢" wrote:

    > right click on the cd-rom icon, selcet preferences. Uninstall, on the next
    > startup windows will find the right preferences for your cd-rom
    > http://www.fast-rewind.com
    >

    > "Krystal" wrote:
    >
    > > my CD-Rom Driver is Corrupt and I'm needing to Re-installing windows XP into
    > > my computer but I can't do that until I have the CD-Rom Drive working, the
    > > CD-Rom Drive that I have on my laptop is a Samsung , but now because it is
    > > Corrupt it has changed the name it Samqulg CDRU/ DVD QN-304@ if anybody
    > > knows what I can do to get my drive working again. thanks?

CD-Rom Windows XP