Please can some one help me. A friend of mine has a laptop with XP home
edition installed. She has two user accounts, one is her brothers which she
can log on to with no problem. When she tries to log into her account, a blue
screen comes up to say an error has occurred. She went into User accounts and
it says APNET Machine A limited account. She does not know where this has
come from, she said that there is a password on it as well, and her and her
brother have not added this account on. How can she get rid of it? What is it?

Many thanks

This account shouldn't be deleted. Without your knowledge you have installed
it through Windows update service....
Account used for running the ASP.NET worker process (aspnet_wp.exe)<
--
---------------------------------------
http://www.fast-rewind.com

http://www.asp.net/Default.aspx?tabindex=0&tabid=1
--
---------------------------------------
http://www.fast-rewind.com

"tigerclaws" wrote:

> Please can some one help me. A friend of mine has a laptop with XP home
> edition installed. She has two user accounts, one is her brothers which she
> can log on to with no problem. When she tries to log into her account, a blue
> screen comes up to say an error has occurred. She went into User accounts and
> it says APNET Machine A limited account. She does not know where this has
> come from, she said that there is a password on it as well, and her and her
> brother have not added this account on. How can she get rid of it? What is it?
>
> Many thanks

What is the ASP.NET Machine Account?
http://www.mvps.org/marksxp/WindowsXP/aspdot.php

--