UT2004 Demos for benchmarking?

Mackenson

Distinguished
Apr 16, 2004
Hi, All. I purchased a GeForce 6800GT over the weekend, and I have been busy trying it out in games and running benchmarks. I am always a little paranoid about system performance, since my machine is a home-built and there is a high idiot factor involved.

That's why the benchmarks on tomshardware are helpful to me ... it gives me a real-world comparison. The latest article ("VGA Charts IV: AGP Video Card") is a great resource. However, I'd like to test my Unreal Tournament performance against the benchmarks in the article, but they use their own pre-recorded timedemo. I certainly never see fps in the 100's in Unreal Tournament, so it sure would be nice to try out the same demo they use for benchmarking.

That said, has this custom demo ever been made available for downloading? If not, are there any standard UT2004 demos out there that I can compare against?

priyajeet

Distinguished
May 21, 2004
Try getting 3dmark 05, for synthetic benchamrks. We all just went thru that phase. For real world - Doom 3, the demo is on thier website, not sure if it includes the timedemo, try it. Others are the HL2 stress test. Start with these 3, UT2004 is a bit old. U can try farcry. If you just wanto to bench the card and not play the games, just download the game illegally, bench and delete the game. Dont violate copyrights for Doom 3 and Hl2 atleast. rest is upto you.

:tongue: <A HREF="http://www.geocities.com/priyajeet/Finger.jpg" target="_new"><i><font color=red>Very funny, Scotty.</font color=red><font color=blue> Now beam down my clothes.</font color=blue></i></A> :tongue: